GDT: #75 ⋅ ANA @ VAN ⋅ 12:30 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It was a better effort but I can't side with either of you. Vancouver clearly played down to us, but it was better effort than the past few games. The empty net situation was inexcusable though.
They have almost twice as many points as we do, and we are on a back to back. That’s the kind of game where a 6-1 loss is expected. I’m not complaining.

Reactions: Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They have almost twice as many points as we do, and we are on a back to back. That’s the kind of game where a 6-1 loss is expected. I’m not complaining.
It's definitely not the worst loss of the year. At this point I just assume a loss is coming. There were a few positives from what I managed to catch and some glaring negatives, I just didn't see that as "on the right track" overall.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's definitely not the worst loss of the year. At this point I just assume a loss is coming. There were a few positives from what I managed to catch and some glaring negatives, I just didn't see that as "on the right track" overall.
Didn’t say that it was. It certainly wasn’t the shit show it has been though.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 you alive bud, I miss you.

Sorry I needed a break. I’ve always been about trying to discuss the positive things but it’s been very hard to do so. When things have been so bad for this team.

You have no idea how much it’s killing me seeing our kids struggle to score and produce.

cbr9927

Mar 8, 2013
Seattle
I can't watch this team anymore. Time to take the Anaheim Ducks car license plate off my car. Its been way too long of waiting for a decent product. I am out.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
I’ll trash the team as much as anyone but will never understand how someone who’s an actual fan can just stop all together. Only scenario I can imagine it making sense is if you were a semi recent bandwagoner to begin with or hockey isn’t your primary sport.

giphy.gif

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Also the amount of times I’ve had people ask if my mighty ducks hat or license plate frame “is an actual team” is too damn high. I temporarily live in a state without professional hockey and it’s taking a toll.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I’ll trash the team as much as anyone but will never understand how someone who’s an actual fan can just stop all together. Only scenario I can imagine it making sense is if you were a semi recent bandwagoner to begin with or hockey isn’t your primary sport.

giphy.gif
relocation would make it pretty easy to stop being a fan of a team

not that the ducks are relocating though

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I caught the first and missed the rest of the game. Snuck to see the score on the phone and surprised to see it 2-2 in the third. Lost 3-2. That's a good loss considering how we've been losing recently.

Did watch the highlights once I got home. Dostal looking great out there. That shot between the legs that was roofed over Dostal's shoulder gets a standing clap from me. Wow! Nothing Dostal can do about that. Zellweger puck hounding and forgetting his responsibility in front of the net with his guy is something he'll need to learn to stick with your assignment.

Was LaCombe-Lindstrom a good pairing in this game? On the Zellweger goal, LaCombe had gain possession in the Dzone and zipped the puck forward into the neutral zone. Same story, LaCombe quickly gets off the ice and the Ducks score. Lindstrom crashing down with that wraparound paid dividends with Mac scoring the rebound down in front of the net.

I didn't see any of the 6v5 highlight, but it read it was bad. Guess we're still trying to be fancy and looking for that perfect shot? I remember one post-game interview with Lindholm years ago, paraphrasing, " Yeah, sometimes you need to score shitty goals."

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I caught the first and missed the rest of the game. Snuck to see the score on the phone and surprised to see it 2-2 in the third. Lost 3-2. That's a good loss considering how we've been losing recently.

Did watch the highlights once I got home. Dostal looking great out there. That shot between the legs that was roofed over Dostal's shoulder gets a standing clap from me. Wow! Nothing Dostal can do about that. Zellweger puck hounding and forgetting his responsibility in front of the net with his guy is something he'll need to learn to stick with your assignment.

Was LaCombe-Lindstrom a good pairing in this game? On the Zellweger goal, LaCombe had gain possession in the Dzone and zipped the puck forward into the neutral zone. Same story, LaCombe quickly gets off the ice and the Ducks score. Lindstrom crashing down with that wraparound paid dividends with Mac scoring the rebound down in front of the net.

I didn't see any of the 6v5 highlight, but it read it was bad. Guess we're still trying to be fancy and looking for that perfect shot? I remember one post-game interview with Lindholm years ago, paraphrasing, " Yeah, sometimes you need to score shitty goals."
The 6v5 was the typical 5 guys pass around the perimeter while Carlsson struggles to find himself open in the bumper position. No movement, just passing. Lacombe was a positive in my eyes this game, I really don’t think he should he sitting anymore, just don’t put him with Fowler ever again.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
relocation would make it pretty easy to stop being a fan of a team

not that the ducks are relocating though

The fear of the team relocating or getting dissolved several years ago while also getting the Samueli's to take ownership to keep the Ducks in Anaheim is why I'm grateful for Ducks hockey, even if it's a shitty season or longer. I visit family near Hartford, CT and it's odd seeing Whalers paraphernalia, shirts, and hats at their airport.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The video should start at 4:39, where Tocchet said his team didn't respect the Ducks because they gave away so many turnovers. At the same time, Tocchet gave us respect by saying the Ducks were going to be playing hard and earned those turnovers. The Canucks played down.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
A serious lack of speed on this roster

We have no one that can really blow by anyone

Pretty much my takeaway from this season. Have a coach whose system (or at least what he preaches) revolves entirely around forechecking pressure with multiple forwards hounding the puck from the circle down and there's what... three impact guys on the entire team with above-average straight-line speed?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Pretty much my takeaway from this season. Have a coach whose system (or at least what he preaches) revolves entirely around forechecking pressure with multiple forwards hounding the puck from the circle down and there's what... three impact guys on the entire team with above-average straight-line speed?
We also struggle mightily with separation from backcheckers - also a function of speed. that to me is the most evident thing for sure, when our guys enter the neutral or O zone they just have absolutely no time or space to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad