GDT: #75 ⋅ ANA @ VAN ⋅ 12:30 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
One last thing: Newell Brown seems to have put all his stats into "luck", because there is virtually no other explanation as to why he STILL has a job in pro hockey, let alone the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: Yemeth and MCB

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
However you feel re: giving Cronin another shot, Brown needs to be gone. His extra man strategy is stuck in 2007.
The craziest thing is that we ran the young kid unit and at least a couple of those PPs looked good, even if we didn't score on them.

It's like Newell scared himself and reverted

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The craziest thing is that we ran the young kid unit and at least a couple of those PPs looked good, even if we didn't score on them.

It's like Newell scared himself and reverted
Pretty much. Though I only caught the first period one where the kid line started. Still. Brown's extra man strategy feels like it's tailored for a man down defensive strategy that no longer exists.

Edit: guys without the puck need to move around more to get the penalty kill box set up unfocused and out of position. On the empty net situation I only saw Carlsson slowly creep in from the faceoff dot to be ready for a rebound but other than that, guys were just standing in place. The passing isn't crisp enough to disrupt a PK with passing alone.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, great showing lmao

the team gives an effort for about 5 minutes and that’s good enough for you? :help:
I said good showing, not great, no straw men please. On a back to back less than 24 hours later, they were tied in shots after 2 periods. Against one of the top teams in the league. Tied 2-2 in the 3rd, didn’t allow a ton of shots, got over 20 shots. Yeah, I think that’s a good showing.

Reactions: duckpuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad