GDT: #74| Saturday, Mar 25 2017| Flyers at Blue Jackets |2:00 p.m. ET| CSN

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, I was miffed at the length of Bryz's contract because it destroyed my hope for him being a bridge to Bob once he was fully ready. The trade was inevitable the moment that contract was signed.

My big concern for Bob was injury risk with his style, but he looks to have really settled in. Neuvy did too after he left Washington through last year...His reversion baffles me.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Alright, let's not act like it was obvious Bobrovsky would become what he is now. Most fans (on here at least) we're pretty satisfied just to get a pick back.

Not really true. He made the team in a year when he was due to be in the AHL and played very well. It's really Laviolette's fault for misusing him and not trusting him. Bob has a bad/nervous playoff opener then we got the rotation of Leighton and Boucher. He should have left Bob in there to get his feet wet and he'd probably still be the Flyer goalie.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not really true. He made the team in a year when he was due to be in the AHL and played very well. It's really Laviolette's fault for misusing him and not trusting him. Bob has a bad/nervous playoff opener then we got the rotation of Leighton and Boucher. He should have left Bob in there to get his feet wet and he'd probably still be the Flyer goalie.

Yep. Lavy botched the handling of Bobrovsky badly. Playing on a team with expectations like those Flyers teams was probably not the best situation for Bob.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Looking back its pretty amazing he came in as a 22 year old undrafted free agent from the KHL, having only played 35 games the season prior, and posted the numbers he did as a rookie.

The Bryz signing was just a disaster on so many levels.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I thought Bob was going to be a great goalie and thought it was a massive mistake to trade him.

Regret that trade

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Plekanec's wife posted the following picture on facebook, saying "Montreal today. Cherry-trees almost blossom. Merry spring, everyone"

17458056_1447140935357963_4555646236237959576_n.jpg

So, so, so, so lucky. :cry:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux on an individual level looks good right now.

The points arent coming because of the way this team plays under Hakstol, but the way he is moving with confidence and quickness is encouraging.

Yeah, he's "playing hard."
Of course, he's being paid $8M to uh, actually create some goals?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, he's "playing hard."
Of course, he's being paid $8M to uh, actually create some goals?

Yes.he has been playing well and looking more like himself physically... in a system that is virtually eliminating any chance at scoring a goal at even strength. Perimeter play and point shots arent conducive to scoring much. Hakstol Hockey is awesome!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They had plenty of scoring chances, just that Voracek seemed to have misplaced his wrist shot a while back, and Giroux is still trying to figure out where the net is.

Our best line the last 10 games has been Weise - Couts - Schenn.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just watched, my lord watching Jake is painful. 1 shift in second he had 3 prime chances in the slot, passes all 3 times and we got zero shots on goal. Has zero interest in shooting, maybe he's just accepted his shot is so bad he would rather pass

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just watched, my lord watching Jake is painful. 1 shift in second he had 3 prime chances in the slot, passes all 3 times and we got zero shots on goal. Has zero interest in shooting, maybe he's just accepted his shot is so bad he would rather pass

He has really been stinking the place out lately, and it has been for more than a little while. That doesn't mean that he's a terrible player, obviously, but he has been very poor IMO.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"Taking the body" is becoming less and less a part of the game.

Teams are now opting to pursue the puck immediately instead of finish their check. It's what the Penguins did when Sullivan took over last season and it was a big part of their game. Other teams are adopting this now. It also eliminates the chance of taking a penalty in a league where the rules for a clean hit are becoming more and more confusing.

Not saying I agree with it, but I have definitely observed it happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad