Post-Game Talk: #74 | Rangers at FLYERS | Wednesday, Apr. 13, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | TNT

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nope it’s reality. York had to go back down after his play dropped off. I don’t think many understand how hard it is for a young defensemen to establish themselves and this isn’t a Flyer development issue either.

Being in Winnipeg ask Jets fans about Heinolla and Samberg. The average fan thinks they both should have been in the league long ago but the reality is different.

Small sample but Zamula looks mentally ready. Physical is a whole different issue

York has shown he's ready every time he's played.

Every dman has slumps.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
The truth of it is that neither approach guarantees anything.

Hextall's build-through-the-draft approach was long overdue, but hasn't yielded great results. Certainly there are many other variables at play, but our high picks (Patrick, Provorov, Farabee) aren't even in the same hockey universe as, say, MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen or Barkov, Ekblad, Huberdeau. So there's some serious bad luck on our side (from draft position, player taken, and quality of the draft year).

I don't think scorched earth is even an option at this point. The organization simply isn't going to forfeit another 5-10 years.

The aggressive retool, as you say, could go either way. I personally don't think Fletcher is very competent, but it doesn't mean he can't find some level of success. Is a playoff berth a success? I'd say yes if only for the fact that it means we're closer to being competitive than we are now. Then it becomes about how the organization is able to find that next level of success.

I just don't believe Fletcher is able to identify what is needed to find that next level. The Risto trade and re-sign just killed my spirit. It is a complete waste of assets, cap space, and roster spot. What's done is done, and I would prefer that Fletch also be put to pasture, but I know that won't happen unless/until the team implodes next season.

I would feel a lot better about things if I believed in the man at the helm, but I absolutely do not.
Exactly. Nothing matters as long as he is at controls. He has proven he has no idea what he's doing.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only way Ellis gets traded is he tears up his contract and leaves $30M on the table.
Until he shows he's healthy, he has no value.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He had a knee injury in 2016. A hip injury five years later is not a flare up. Every NHL team is allowed acces to medical records and to examine players before a trade is made official.
Knee injuries can lead to hip problems later on.
As for med recs and exams, do you trust the Flyers to do a decent job with these after the Patrick situation? I don’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad