GDT: #74: FLYERS at Blackhawks, Thursday, March 21, 2019, 8:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MacDonald could have made a play on that Gallagher shot but he's too stupid and whenever he's unsure of what to do he just flops to the ground like a kid trying to avoid being beat up on the playground.

Actually, I think that was Giroux's man, but when G hestitated, AMac went out to challenge the shot.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I legitimately felt uncomfortable watching this.

She should’ve just tapped Gudas on the shoulder to take care of him lol.

Those scrums are horrible. They may need to go to the Media center approach again to make sure that that stuff isn't occurring. It's how many people they make available, like 5? Have the media go to a room with chairs and bring each one in.

Reactions: BiggE

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Those scrums are horrible. They may need to go to the Media center approach again to make sure that that stuff isn't occurring. It's how many people they make available, like 5? Have the media go to a room with chairs and bring each one in.
It’s just such a weird and uncomfortable video to watch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hall had a tweet that's in the game day thread, something about a "burp."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gordon insists on playing Hagg and Gudas together, despite the fact that any team with speedy forwards will skate circles around them.
Of course, Ghost was undressed by a 18 year old center last night. But that doesn't happen on a regular basis like with those two.

Gordon refuses to play Morin even though the season is over and he might give the team a lift.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
But yeah, the Flyers would basically need to win every game from here on out.
Even IF they win their last 9 games, that leaves them with 96 points. Since they lose the ROW tiebreaker to Columbus and Montreal, BOTH of those teams would have to finish with 95 pts for the Flyers to pass them. Last night was their last chance to get closer to Mtl.

Col has 84 pts with 9 to play. Mtl has 83 with 9 games to play. 7 points back of Columbus with 9 to play is impossible to overcome. The likelihood of them both only ending up with 11 or 12 more points in 9 games is infinitesimally small.

IT'S OVER.

NHL Hockey Standings

Better to re-sort the standings for League: NHL Hockey Standings and hope we lose tonight. If they suck enough in the next few games, they could get in a better draft position, even as good at 10OA with some help. Play Talbot. Play Morin. Call someone up.

Last edited:

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Perfect time to unveil Q as our new coach. :sarcasm:

Former Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville breaks his silence and eyes return to coaching sooner than later, but 'no hurry'

The story failed to include some of Q's more interesting quotes:

"I've already started planning my system for the Flyers. It will feature the quick break-out style I used with the Hawks. Instead of firing 80 foot bombs from our defensive zone that too-often end up in icings, our defenders will work with our centers to advance the puck with quick skating and short, accurate passes that will force the opposition to chase them in the neutral zone. This will open up our fast wingers (including Giroux, Frost and Panarin) to receive pucks on the go and create odd-man scoring chances all night long."

"When I look at the Flyers young defenders, they definitely have the skills to play the up-tempo game I have in mind."

"Hart looks like the real deal. I think he'll provide better goaltending than I ever had in Chicago."

"Motiving a talented group, like the Flyers, to start fast in the first period and play a full 60 minute game, should be no problem, especially after I have a full camp with them."

:D

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You'd better hope St Louis re-ups Berube, because they also have young talent and Q seems to like the Midwest.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I work with female coworkers too. I don’t do weird facial expressions or awkward stuff with them. Maybe it’s a joke, but she didn’t seem to take it that way. She almost looked disgusted by it.

Still... it’s really awkward and somewhat creepy.

She's come out and said it's nothing. You're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Reactions: LorneMalvo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad