Post-Game Talk: #74 | FLYERS 4 at Red Wings 5 (1-0 shootout) | Tue., Mar. 20, 2018, 7:30 pm ET

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

When you lunge that far outside the blue paint, it's not interference.

Also, goalies belong inside the blue paint. Every attempt to stop the puck should not pull you two feet outside of the crease.​

He was likely miffed at the earlier goal and had to be upset with all matters including his own play. He had a golden opportunity to secure some confidence with his mates but that was a jarring disappointment tonight.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Coaching aside, has the question been asked does the team trust Mrazek when he is in there? They can say verbally they do but actions on the ice sometimes speak otherwise.
Mrazek seems like he has very fragile confidence. When he gives up one more follow it seems.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Glad that Hak proved yet again that he's a moron of a coach with his shooter choices.

Every single time he has a chance to prove that he's a moron, he takes full advantage of it.

Well he isnt a good coach, but lets not pretend we have any automatic guys on that bench. This team has sucked balls in the SO going back to when Lavy was on the bench.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
giphy.gif

Ok, congratulations Couts on #30, and TK on #20.

And congratulations on the comeback to earn a point.

But Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what was up with the first two periods in a game where we needed to come in blasting from the start?

We made Dylan Larkin look like Wayne F'n Gretzky.

Two PP goals? Great, but our "great power play" is only 17th in the League, and just tied for League worst in giving up shorthanded goals.

And 2-7 in the shootout and 30th in the League in shootout shooting percentage (18.9%)?

Do we even practice this stuff?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
giphy.gif

Ok, congratulations Couts on #30, and TK on #20.

And congratulations on the comeback to earn a point.

But Jesus, Mary and Joseph, what was up with the first two periods in a game where we needed to come in blasting from the start?

We made Dylan Larkin look like Wayne F'n Gretzky.

Two PP goals? Great, but our "great power play" is only 17th in the League, and just tied for League worst in giving up shorthanded goals.

And 2-7 in the shootout and 30th in the League in shootout shooting percentage (18.9%)?

Do we even practice this stuff?

They have never practiced it since they brought it into the league.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I'm glad I missed this abortion of a hockey game.
Why did I root Flyers in the prediction thread, stupid me, should have known better.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
What does that mean? 5 pts in 6 games is what it is. And even if it happened, NJ and CBJ can lose. We could miss the playoffs, but it's still unlikely at this point. We need to win the next games though.

This is nothing against you but I don't get the opinion we will probably make the play-offs with only 4 or so wins when all the other three teams are winning everything right now.

Well Jersey lost today but that's not the point.

How can we say a number of games is enough when the other grab points. This makes no sense.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I hate shootouts. Lyon deserved better after saving them in OT.

Provorov has had more mind farts the past half of this season than he did all of last year. It better be his "sophomore slump".

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Coaching aside, has the question been asked does the team trust Mrazek when he is in there? They can say verbally they do but actions on the ice sometimes speak otherwise.
Mrazek seems like he has very fragile confidence. When he gives up one more follow it seems.
It seems like they gave him this game because it was his homecoming. I knew it was a mistake. Good to know that Lyon will go Thursday. Not sure what they will do with nuevy. Can they send Mrazek to the ahl or sit him without consequence? I don’t see how you give Mrazek another start unless all the other goalies suck.

Couts getting his goal was pretty massive. With g and tk going, Couts back on will be huge.

I wouldn’t worry about Provorov. He’s played a lot and is likely fatigued. This is his version of a sophomore slump. He’s scored a lot of goals and done ok otherwise.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
In respect to Provorov I think he is already very good but now tries to push the envelope even further, sometimes trying to force things and it fires back at him now.
He has that drive that he wants to be a game changer.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
It's so pathetic that I was able to correctly predict they would 100% lose this game while on my way home from the game Sunday. Anytime the team plays a good game against a good team it's like they think their shit doesn't stink the next game against an inferior opponent. Just another sign of a terribly coached team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad