Post-Game Talk: #74 | FLYERS 4 at Red Wings 5 (1-0 shootout) | Tue., Mar. 20, 2018, 7:30 pm ET

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I have no idea why Hak started Mrazek.

I wonder the same. I tend to think too deeply into things at times, but to me, it was a bad idea to start Mrazek against his former team when he has been pretty shaky for us thus far. Lots of emotion, I'm sure.

God dammit. I am just thankful we somehow salvaged a point. Hanging onto a playoff spot by a god damn thread!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The effort in the 1st and 2nd embarassing.

The OT was a disaster. Did we even register a shot on that 4 on 3? How do they not have a game plan at all for that scenario?

Can we end the Weal in shootout experiment? I dont care how Giroux has performed in recent years in the SO, he needs to be one of our shooters.

If NJ wins tonight, coughing up a point to Detroit could very realistically be the reason we miss the Playoffs. That is not hyperbole.

We are now behind Columbus.

NJ can pull to within 2 with 1 game in hand with a win.

Florida is just 5 points back with 3 in hand.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
haahaha **** this team sucks, just find ways to lose. #9 is awful get ready for coburn 2.0
139035361828.jpg

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Flyers are going to continue to give away a half a dozen or so points a year until they figure out that the shootout is a fundamental part of winning regular season games. I don't know what needs to change, but even a handful of extra points can make the difference at the end of the year.

Oh and Hakstol trusted Patrick enough to give him the shootout chance with the game on the line, but didn't trust him enough in OT to play him over Filppula. Wut?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Well one good thing that will come out of this hopefully is playing Lyon more and Mrazek less. Mrazek has been just bad.

Reactions: Patrick Division

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
The effort in the 1st and 2nd embarassing.

The OT was a disaster. Did we even register a shot on that 4 on 3? How do they not have a game plan at all for that scenario?

Can we end the Weal in shootout experiment? I dont care how Giroux has performed in recent years in the SO, he needs to be one of our shooters.

If NJ wins tonight, coughing up a point to Detroit could very realistically be the reason we miss the Playoffs. That is not hyperbole.

We are now behind Columbus.

NJ can pull to within 2 with 1 game in hand with a win.

Florida is just 5 points back with 3 in hand.

5 pts in 3 games is not an easy feat. Not saying we should feel safe, but it's still unlikely we miss the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad