GDT: #74 - COYOTES at SABRES – THU MAR 26 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
There is no difference, and your attempt to justify it by it's positive intent is a fallacy often referred to as the Saint's license.

Your mistaken sir, I am not justifying anything, I don't feel I have to especially to someone who doesn't provide anything to a debate other than stating things without any reasoning. I am merely explaining the point of view of those who partook in the cheering, which was minimal, on that OT goal, if you don't want to accept that then theres nothing else I can do for you.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
That's not the only alternative. The other one is that he put together a team with the intent of developing players for the future and establishing the right locker room culture, while also knowing that the team probably wouldn't compete for the playoffs this year. That's neither sinister nor incompetent.
Agreed. I think he went past that. That's certainly up for debate, and if you think he's looking more towards the future than towards making this team bad, that's fine. What I don't see as up for debate is if he did what I was saying (that I do believe he is doing) that it would be wrong.

I also have problems with the way he's going about it if that's the goal, but that's a whole 'nother conversation. :laugh:

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Agreed. I think he went past that. That's certainly up for debate, and if you think he's looking more towards the future than towards making this team bad, that's fine. What I don't see as up for debate is if he did what I was saying (that I do believe he is doing) that it would be wrong.

I also have problems with the way he's going about it if that's the goal, but that's a whole 'nother conversation. :laugh:
Personally, I think it started off as a normal rebuild. I don't think Murray went into the season trying to finish 30th. That may have changed around the trade deadline, but even that would be impossible to prove. For my part, even if he has been trying to finish 30th since the trade deadline, I don't have a problem with it. Frankly, it has been obvious since then that it is the smartest move, and he hasn't done anything against the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad