Post-Game Talk: #73| FLYERS 3 at Wild 1| Thurs., March 23, 2017

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yea. This kind of crap and the fact that they are winning. It honestly makes my blood boil. Tank it up. This kind of stuff is the reason why certain teams in all of sports stay mediocre.

I would have been fine with the win if they played the young guys more but seeing the TOI for players is absolutely ridiculous. Hak is not consistent with anything.

Sure he is. He's consistently bad at his job.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Carchidi mentioned Mason's comments after the Winnipeg game 4 times in his post game article tonight. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don't know it just seems like he's working that angle right now. He's probably mad Weise & Manning wouldn't take his questions.

He's an awful specimen. Gamecenter left the post-game show on for a bit and there were all these reporters crowded around Mase. They asked one question and then there was this massive pause because none of them - none of them - had a second question ready or could think of one fast enough. If firemen were this bad at their jobs, we'd all burn to death.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Konecny under 10 minutes is just bush league. I'm so ****ing sick of Dave Hakstol. This is unacceptable.

He's a rookie, it's the first time he sees a full NHL season. I'm not certain that's the reason, but it certainly could be. They probably don't want to burn him and risk injuries at this point.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
:laugh: Man, this board is tough sometimes.

I don't like 11 and 53 on the bench (especially 11, good god) but they earned a tough win on the road.

Hakstol's job is to win unless/until he gets word from above to stop. It's time to face the reality that Saint Hexy might not be the guy we want him to be.

Player-wise: Provorov was wonderful down the stretch. Just fantastic.

And I am delighted to see another strong game from Couturier.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
:laugh: Man, this board is tough sometimes.

I don't like 11 and 53 on the bench (especially 11, good god) but they earned a tough win on the road.

Hakstol's job is to win unless/until he gets word from above to stop. It's time to face the reality that Saint Hexy might not be the guy we want him to be.

Player-wise: Provorov was wonderful down the stretch. Just fantastic.

And I am delighted to see another strong game from Couturier.

Agree completely.

I want to watch Konecny & Ghost, but when you're coaching a low scoring team that manages a 2-1 lead pretty early in the game, you can see why two young turnover-prone poor defensive players would have their minutes limited.

I wish Hextall would commit fully to the rebuild & not worry about results, but that's clearly not what he wants from the team & coach.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Andrew MacDonald led all players in TOI? ****ing fire Hakstol now. Jesus christ. This is an embarrassment.

Konecny got 9 mins.

Hakstol doing coaching right!!!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
  • Pull a stinker in Winnipeg against an undermanned defensive unit.
  • Goalie makes remarks post-game about the team which some considered noteworthy.
  • Coach makes line changes which are almost universally questioned.
  • Go up against one of the most offensively gifted teams in the NHL on their home ice.
  • Give up an early unforgiveable goal and nothing else.
  • Win.
  • Erroneous weather forecasts, take a seat.

Read this too quickly on my phone and thought that first bullet was "pulled a striiker in Winnipeg against and undermanned defensive unit".... I was gonna say "what the hell did I do to you MSE"? :laugh:

Agree completely.

I want to watch Konecny & Ghost, but when you're coaching a low scoring team that manages a 2-1 lead pretty early in the game, you can see why two young turnover-prone poor defensive players would have their minutes limited.

I wish Hextall would commit fully to the rebuild & not worry about results, but that's clearly not what he wants from the team & coach.

I'm not one of the people who got annoyed by it, I don't really care, but the issue isn't sitting Ghost and Konecny, it's that they're being sat instead of people who are worse defensively. Ghost and TK may not be shutdown players, but MacDonald/Manning/Vandevelde are all worse. Plus, the best defense is a good offense, and Ghost and TK are some of the best on the team at skating the puck out of the zone. I'd rather cycle in their zone that turtle in ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad