GDT: [#73] Florida Panthers at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Tyler Seguin with 4 assists

bUt HeS nOt ScOrInG :( :( :(

4 assists is noteable but so is one goal in 13 games. For a guy paid to be on the business end of things, 3 secondary assists on 3 non empty net goals is OK I guess. I want more from him though as playoffs near.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
4 assists is noteable but so is one goal in 13 games. For a guy paid to be on the business end of things, 3 secondary assists on 3 non empty net goals is OK I guess. I want more from him though as playoffs near.
I would be worried and agree with you if he looked like shit and wasn't generating chances, but that hasn't been the case at all.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Here's an update to the goal scoring **** list:
Nichushkin - 0 goals in last 1,111 days (only 1 point in last 19 games)
Dickinson - 0 goals in last 31 games
Cogliano - 0 goals in last 18 games
Comeau - 0 goals in last 16 games
Ritchie - 0 goals in last 16 games
Spezza - 0 goals in last 10 games
Janmark - 1 goal in last 18 games
L'Esperance - 1 goal in last 13 games (only point)
Seguin - 1 goal in last 12 games

Guys with enough recent goals not to make the **** list:
Benn
Faksa
Hintz
Radulov

Dickinson can easily take over for Faksa.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I would be worried and agree with you if he looked like **** and wasn't generating chances, but that hasn't been the case at all.

He's expected to be the guy to bury it though. People don't think of him as a playmaker. As the games continue to increase in importance I hope he can bring it. It hasn't been the case so far in his career, so I hope he can turn a corner and be a big contributor. Ultimately the fate of the team will depend on it. Let's hope the points (and goals) keep coming.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He's expected to be the guy to bury it though. People don't think of him as a playmaker. As the games continue to increase in importance I hope he can bring it. It hasn't been the case so far in his career, so I hope he can turn a corner and be a big contributor. Ultimately the fate of the team will depend on it. Let's hope the points (and goals) keep coming.
too focused on narratives

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Spezza, long before he became a Star, was one of the guys who I felt deserved a Cup. It's a shame he will never get one as a player (jinx). But he is such a smart guy I could easily see him become a coach after his kids grow up, and he has time and whatnot to sit behind a bench.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He can’t. He’s a passenger these days. Too slow to be able to play with the skilled guys, so he finds himself playing with checking line guys who give him nothing to work with.

He can still be decent on the powerplay and win important faceoffs and change off the ice. Anything else by now is gone.

Reactions: Bfantz

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tonight's 22 shots for the Panthers was the lowest amount they've had in a game all season long.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
giphy.gif

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010

I feel bad making this my first post in a long time, but this is a terrible, terrible opinion. I apologize if I'm missing some irony.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I feel bad making this my first post in a long time, but this is a terrible, terrible opinion. I apologize if I'm missing some irony.

Why cuz I think it's a little less than thrilling he has 1 goal in 13 games? I simply expect he'll have to continue to provide more down the stretch and into the playoffs if the Stars have a real hope at success.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

I don't even give a f***. If he is recording 3-4 assist per game, that means the team f***in scored 3 or 4 goals. He made as much of a difference that way. His playmaking is resulting in results so that's some BS whining to constantly bring up his dry goal scoring periods.

Doesn't matter if a player is a 2 + 80 or 80+2, his play on ice resulted in 82 goals for.
Tyler can go scoring only a goal every 15 games for all I care if he keeps putting up the 1.06PPG he has in 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I would be worried and agree with you if he looked like **** and wasn't generating chances, but that hasn't been the case at all.

I agree with this seeing how shitty Seguin's puck-luck has been, but I also agree with some of what Kalamazoo says. The forward scoring output after the big 3 is pathetic. Those whom can put the puck in, need to do it more often if only for that sake. The useless Nichushkins and Coglianos of the world certainly won't.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree with this seeing how ****ty Seguin's puck-luck has been, but I also agree with some of what Kalamazoo says. The forward scoring output after the big 3 is pathetic. Those whom can put the puck in, need to do it more often if only for that sake. The useless Nichushkins and Coglianos of the world certainly won't.

Agreed. I'd like to see him scoring more goals...while not playing with Rads and Benn. The assists are fine but to go anywhere in the playoffs Seguin (and Benn and Rads) need to do this while split into two lines. I think (hope) this is going to be better with Zuccarello back.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way i think this game was also a perfect example how much better the puckmovement from the backend is when Bishop is in net compared to Khudobin and how it makes the team look way more competent offensively . It was really noticeable how Bishop helped out Polak , Lovejoy , Oleksiak and at times Lindell who are either not that great at playmaking or bad at it. An organized exit from the backend , to the suprise of nobody , more often leads to a well organized offensive possesion.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
By the way i think this game was also a perfect example how much better the puckmovement from the backend is when Bishop is in net compared to Khudobin and how it makes the team look way more competent offensively . It was really noticeable how Bishop helped out Polak , Lovejoy , Oleksiak and at times Lindell who are either not that great at playmaking or bad at it. An organized exit from the backend , to the suprise of nobody , more often leads to a well organized offensive possesion.

Bishop's puck play should simply be an additional asset, though, not something the team has to rely upon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad