GDT: #72 | Red Wings at Flyers | March 25, 2023 | 1:00 PM | NBCSP, BSDET, ESPN+, 97.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale actually I bet on Comcast's part, that's to make sure you aren't actually streaming the thing to a whole bar. Pretty sure cable charges a lot more for feeds in bars.

I've been in at least been in a couple bars in DC with apartments above them, where the bar just made an arrangement with the tenant above them to run their cable down to the bar.

Sometimes the charge for PPVs in bars is so insanely high you can't go see them anywhere, so the trick to see PPV on the cheap is to go to one of those bars.

Turns out it's the NHL's fault. It's an effort to protect their streaming package. These pricks.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
At least two empty nets missed by Detroit in 10 seconds.

Scotty's got a bee in his bonnet. :laugh:

I kind of love that Seider was completely expressionless during the whole exchange.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
@JojoTheWhale actually I bet on Comcast's part, that's to make sure you aren't actually streaming the thing to a whole bar. Pretty sure cable charges a lot more for feeds in bars.

I've been in at least been in a couple bars in DC with apartments above them, where the bar just made an arrangement with the tenant above them to run their cable down to the bar.

Sometimes the charge for PPVs in bars is so insanely high you can't go see them anywhere, so the trick to see PPV on the cheap is to go to one of those bars.

Yeah I've heard companies charge a lot more for feeds to bars as well.

Makes sense from a business standpoint. Looks like about the same applies to music : https://pos.toasttab.com/blog/on-the-line/a-crash-course-in-restaurant-music-licensing-laws

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
So, now that the rest of the roster is a dumpster fire, we finally get great goaltending. The hockey gods love shitting all over the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce