Post-Game Talk: #72 | Ducks at FLYERS | Saturday, Apr. 9, 2022 | 7:30 pm ET | NBCSP, KCOP-13

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's why I find it funny that the same people who love TK rag on Tippett's lack of hockey IQ.

Actually, the two are similar in many ways, both rely on their speed, Tippett is bigger and thus more physical, TK's a better passer though Tippett is better than advertised, both go hot and cold as shooters. TK has better ice sense but makes more stupid plays (i.e. passes in traffic and forcing passes when he should shoot).

They're both solid wings but need a good center to set them up and CYA for them defensively.

Atkinson is a veteran version, more reliable scorer, not as physical and drifts on defense at times.
Don't forget that Tippett is 23 years old and has a career high 18 points.

Konecny at 23 had 61 pts in 66 games

It's crazy how similar they are.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
This proves nothing. I still don’t believe that Ryan Ellis actually exists
IMG_20220410_134723421_MP.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't forget that Tippett is 23 years old and has a career high 18 points.

Konecny at 23 had 61 pts in 66 games

It's crazy how similar they are.
Didn't say they were the same, is that a deliberate misreadng to score internet points (no prizes granted, just ego points for the insecure).

Just said that they're similar in some ways, style of play, inconsistent shooting.
Both rely on their speed to make plays, both have good shots but have stretches where they miss everything.
TK has better hands and is more skilled, but if Tippett played 82 games on the third line, he'd probably put up 30+ ES points.

Tippett 32 ES points in 105 games, 25 ES in 82.
TK 205 in 418 games, 40 ES in 82.
Of course, Tippett didn't spend 4 seasons with G and Couts.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
It's why I find it funny that the same people who love TK rag on Tippett's lack of hockey IQ.

Actually, the two are similar in many ways, both rely on their speed, Tippett is bigger and thus more physical, TK's a better passer though Tippett is better than advertised, both go hot and cold as shooters. TK has better ice sense but makes more stupid plays (i.e. passes in traffic and forcing passes when he should shoot).

They're both solid wings but need a good center to set them up and CYA for them defensively.

Atkinson is a veteran version, more reliable scorer, not as physical and drifts on defense at times.

I love TK's game in general... just a small gripe.

I like the speed of Frost, Cates, and Tippett. Not just footspeed, but game speed. This team is sorely lacking in that department.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love TK's game in general... just a small gripe.

I like the speed of Frost, Cates, and Tippett. Not just footspeed, but game speed. This team is sorely lacking in that department.
I don't know if Cates is that fast, he plays fast b/c of his IQ, seems to be where the puck is.
Frost and Tippett can fly, same with TK, Laughton has good speed, could use a couple more forwards with jets.
Willman can skate, but has to improve his hands.

Sanheim is the only D-man who has top notch speed, though none are slow (no more L Schenn, Grossman types).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Didn't say they were the same, is that a deliberate misreadng to score internet points (no prizes granted, just ego points for the insecure).

Just said that they're similar in some ways, style of play, inconsistent shooting.
Both rely on their speed to make plays, both have good shots but have stretches where they miss everything.
TK has better hands and is more skilled, but if Tippett played 82 games on the third line, he'd probably put up 30+ ES points.

Tippett 32 ES points in 105 games, 25 ES in 82.
TK 205 in 418 games, 40 ES in 82.
Of course, Tippett didn't spend 4 seasons with G and Couts.
And neither did TK.

Tippett only got tries with Huberdeau and Barkov. What could he do with those stiffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad