GDT: #72 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So if PV views him as a winger why is he slotting in at center? Seems to be a disconnect between PV and Cronin.

With PV, everything should be viewed as though fluid.

I actually don't mind Z as 3C. We're easing him in with respect to minutes. Plus, Cronin might have liked what he has seen from our top-6 to not disrupt that flow since we've earned 3 points in two games.

I like the Lundy-Z-Leason idea. Lundy is the heavy, Leason is the sniper, and Z is the distributor. We could be testing out who works with Z between the two RFA guys.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I was thinking more of this with Z's playing center again.

c769f8a6-6eaa-4be2-abdc-1fbe445a2383_text.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gudas is a competent player.

Johnston is consistently terrible.

Was a little disappointing Johnston scored, where as Leo couldn’t buy a goal, even with all the chances he had. Good for Johnston but he is not our future potential 1C.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Maybe Johnston is just having a hard time getting players to fight him? I would imagine guys would be much more willing to drop them against Stoke.
If the main impediment to him fulfilling his role is his inability to get permission from opposing players then he isn't right for the role anyway.

But, maybe that's just what an "enforcer" is nowadays, a sometimes violent doorman.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
If the main impediment to him fulfilling his role is his inability to get permission from opposing players then he isn't right for the role anyway.

But, maybe that's just what an "enforcer" is nowadays, a sometimes violent doorman.
We have a coach that always complains about taking penalties. Maybe Ross doesn’t have the go ahead for the instigators this season. He isn’t scared that’s for sure, lots of his old fights I see, he gets the instigator penalty. He’s a mad man

Last edited:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Johnston had his best game as a Duck by a pretty large margin against Tampa I thought. Earned another go tonight
I am obviously not a Johnston fan, but this is true. It's the first game where I thought he contributed positively throughout most of his shifts.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
🦆

io - ao - ey
aao - ai - oe
ueo - ea - eao
oo - eye - iee

oe - eee
iyuo - aoe
aaaaie - io

io

Killorn - Carlsson - Terry
Vatrano - McTavish - Strome
Lundestrom - Zegras - Leason
Johnston - Meyers - Silfverberg

Fowler - Zellweger
Mintyukov - LaCombe
Vaakanainen - Lindström

Gibson

vs

🦑

oae - eie - Eee
a - a - öa
ae - oue - uaoy
aa - aaoo - aye

uoui - u
Oeia - oe
Ea - ao

ao

Tolvanen - Beniers - Eberle
Schwartz - McCann - Björkstrand
Tanev - Gourde - Burakovsky
Tatar - Yamamoto - Kartye

Dumoulin - Schultz
Oleksiak - Borgen
Evans - Larsson

Daccord

3-5-0 // Most GF: 7 (2021) // Most GA: 5 (2022, 2023)
Am I the only one that read this lineup in the voice of the Tasmanian devil?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We have a coach that always complains about taking penalties. Maybe Ross doesn’t have the go ahead for the instigators this season. He isn’t scared that’s for sure, lots of his old fights I see, he gets the instigator penalty. He’s a mad man
Again, if that's true, then he is just too nice for that role. He plays a fourth line shift too straight too be called an enforcer and isn't good enough to pass as a vanilla fourth liner. Something has to give.

At least agitate, pretend to be annoying. Do something the other team doesn't like.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad