Post-Game Talk: #71 | Wild at Flyers | March 23, 2023

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
I think I am in the Twilight zone. Majority is mad when we win. Happy when we lose. Mad we are screwing up a high draft pick that we all mostly agree we will screw up anyways. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Can not wait to see what blunders we do this summer and who they decide is out at RW. Atkinson, tipperoo and tk are locks unless they are gone. Forrester with the upper hand. Allison probably gone. Brink is the new phantoms captain. Lol. Pinning hopes on the draft lottery miracle! Lord have mercy on us all. We are sorry for the 70's. We have suffered enough!

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m as team tank as anyone, but if there is one team to beat. It’s Minnesota.

Hope Fletcher weeps into his plain cheerios.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm pissed they won or even got to OT, let's get that out of the way.

But they actually played some of the most crisp and coherent hockey I've seen played in those gross bad black uniforms. That's not saying a ton because they've been ass since before that ugly shit debuted, but still. Frustrating, to say the least.

Frost is good, Foerster looks like he good be good, Tippett does what he does well, Cates is a serviceable bottom 6 guy, York looks steady. Sanheim and Farabee look like they woke up the second Fletcher was fired and might remember how to do hockey things again—but I'll wait to be convinced there.

Clear out 2 or more of the putrid dead weight guys (Hayes, Provorov, DeAngelo, Risto), Konecny and Hart if the price sings. Add a stud draft pick, a couple young bodies, and the ghost of Sean Couturier and I might occasionally enjoy watching this team lose slightly fewer games next year.

But now, they need to lose these games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Some of the takes around here are priceless.
"Our young core is awful"
"Wish they would stop winning games against playoff caliber teams"

OK.

"Gauthier’s shooting ability came as advertised. He has a cannon of a shot and a quick release as well. To my eyes, his wrister appeared more dangerous at this point than his one-timer, but that wasn’t too shabby, either. On the whole, I was actually more impressed with the quality of Gauthier’s shot than that of Tyson Foerster, and that’s not a slight against the Flyers’ 2020 first-round pick. Gauthier’s shot just looked even heavier and more overpowering, a promising sign."

Foerster has shown a top flight NHL shot, if Gauthier is even better . . .

Snipers do matter, or why are people salivating over Boldy?
Now it would also be nice if Brink becomes the NHL version of the guy who lead the NCAA in scoring at 20 years old, making a living setting up snipers.

This team has a nice core of young players and prospects, not enough to build a top 8 team, but enough to provide a base to add some top picks and some picks/prospets obtained in trade. They're not starting from ground zero. They're proving themselves against top NHL competition as legit NHL players.

We were never getting Bedard or any top player, the Hockey Gods won't allow it.

Reactions: tucson83

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Forget Bedard, they’re playing themselves out of even drafting a potential first line center let alone a franchise player or star. So much for infusing high end talent. Prepare to add another middle 6 talent to the scrap heap… but thank god for the good process being put in place.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Brought to us by the same assessment process that determined despite actual results, Rocky is a "very bright" coach who will fix the offense and PP. And Gordon is also "very bright" and destined for another NHL shot. And Yandle and Hagg and TDA are clearly better than Ghost. And Stewart will be good and score ten goals. Among many more very wrong takes.

The omens are bad for the "we are making a good foundation and this agony is nearly over" assessment.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I would prefer a loss a this point in the season, but it was entertaining. Good to see the younger skaters continue some decent play.

That Foerster shot was sick. His release was amazing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing with Foerster is that’s someone Chuck was waiting on because they felt they found a high-end game breaker in the back half of the first round.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Flyers won’t allow it**. Getting torts this year was stupid….if they didn’t sign him they easily could’ve lost a handful more games and be in the hunt for a top 3 pick
so if we dont get a top 3 and have worst record overall, you are saying that all losing worth it?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Flyers right now have a roughly 7% chance to pick first.

The Sharks & Hawks, widely accepted as the two teams “tanking,” have 13 & 11% chances to pick first.

Yeah, blow up the team for a 13% chance to pick first instead of 7%. Great plan!

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016

The Sharks & Hawks, widely accepted as the two teams “tanking,” have 13 & 11% chances to pick first.

Yeah, blow up the team for a 13% chance to pick first instead of 7%. Great plan!
It's not all about the first pick. Being guaranteed to draft no worse than 3rd or 4th this year(and most years) is a massive difference to drafting 7 or 8th.

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018

You realize it's more than just the 7% chance vs. the 13% chance, right? If you're 7-8th worst in the league, maybe you get lucky and score with the 1st or 2nd pick. But just as likely is falling a spot or two to 9th or 10th. And even if you stay at 7 or 8, you lose out on the potential first line guys. It's a huge hit to this team...but hey, the kids are doing great in meaningless games for a 5-10 game stretch. WOW...so important!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad