Post-Game Talk: #71 | FLYERS at Blue Jackets | Thursday, Apr. 7, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP+, BSOH

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
R.cc54aaed498c614d7ec01baa85804faa

41W432XGgSL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

GDT: - #71 | FLYERS at Blue Jackets | Thursday, Apr. 7, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP+, BSOH

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
BTW Noah Cates. Scout credit and none to Hexy.

I don’t know if you’re joking, but the Flyers USHL scout (Nick Pryor) now works for the Penguins as Director of Amateur Scouting as of this year. They really nailed that area under Hextall and early Fletcher, from 1sts to late rounders. One of the times nepotism actually rewarded them. After their last draft, who knows where this team is at.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I don’t know if you’re joking, but the Flyers USHL scout (Nick Pryor) now works for the Penguins as Director of Amateur Scouting as of this year. They really nailed that area under Hextall and early Fletcher, from 1sts to late rounders. One of the times nepotism actually rewarded them. After their last draft, who knows where this team is at.
agreed 100%

and I joke about Hexy on here and he was a b-/c+ gm. But that is way better than the f's of fletch.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They've added York, Attard, Tippett, Cates, with Brink here next week.
Allison, Laczynski, Zamula in the AHL. Fedotov in the KHL.
Couts and Ellis back off IR.

That's replacing half the team that sucked so badly this year.
And add Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Lycksell, McClennon to the Phantoms.

Cates - Frost - Tippett looked very good, Frost needs the right wings to really utilize his playmaking skills.
Cates is looking like one of those players who's better in the NHL, while Tippett brings speed and energy.

Hayes is continuing his solid play, TK has his mojo back.

Reactions: renberg

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Guarantee the team goes on a winning streak to give us a worse draft pick and give Fletcher a reason to keep Yeo as coach.

But, as my son points out, if we pick 7th or 8th we will be less disappointed when the pick is a bust than if we pick 5th and the pick busts, so, there is that.

I've never been less excited about a draft than this one, knowing that no one from the draft will make an impact on the team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If a winning streak is driven by young players, drafting at a worse position isn't the end of the world, since it means you may need less help from the draft. And plenty of top players have been taken in the 7-10th pick area, while Patrick and JVR were #2 picks.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad