GDT: #71 - DEVILS at SABRES – FRI MAR 20 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Geez. This leash stuff for "certain" players is lame. Shove together a trio in under 4 hours, they get scored on without a chance to devel a sense of things as a line, and presto, benched.

Maybe Tim Murray is a genius. Disrupts the lineup by calling up Grigorenko.

Deslauriers sure did coast on the backcheck though.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Who are these Sabres and where have they been for 3 weeks.

They look like someone kidnapped their families before the game.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
CoHo benched!

Yep. Since ~7mins into the 2nd, with Girgorenko & Des. But apparently those two are out of the dog house for the 3rd while Hodgson remains. Not surprising. I mean, he did happen to be on the ice for that 1st goal against; he should prob sit for 2-3 games.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Murray was smart. Bring up a guy Nolan hates in the form of the mostly apathetic Grigorenko, and disrupt that chemistry. :laugh:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
ok it's 2am in my neck of the woods and I've been falling asleep a couple of times, tbh. So, two questions: how has Grigorenko looked so far? What's the deal with this running joke about the Gionta's parents preferring one kid over the other?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Yep. His pass to Des leading to a turn over and the Devils rush leading to their first goal. That's what got him sentenced to the bench. Thankfully Grigs wasn't sentenced with him.

Perfect way to knock any confidence out of a guy; for every solid play, don't let him get a sniff of extra ice time, then bench him altogether for an imperfect pass. Whatever. One or both of Nolan/Hodgson will hopefully be gone soon and end this lame crap.

FYI, Grigorenko & Des were benched for the balance of the 2nd too. They've simply been allowed back into the ice first (and presumably for more in the 3rd).

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
ok it's 2am in my neck of the woods and I've been falling asleep a couple of times, tbh. So, two questions: how has Grigorenko looked so far? What's the deal with this running joke about the Gionta's parents preferring one kid over the other?
Hey I am two hours from Strousburg. Beautiful city.

Grigorenko has not looked like much. In the dog house already.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Grigo has been coasting, and Rayzor made a comment at the begining of the game that Stephen is the mothers favorite.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Seriously the 2nd Edition book has to be out on Lindback after tonight. Make him move his feet.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad