GDT: #71 - DEVILS at SABRES – FRI MAR 20 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Hey I am two hours from Strousburg. Beautiful city.

Grigorenko has not looked like much. In the dog house already.

Yeah, it's a magnificient city, actually. And they have great beer as well. Where are you based?

Grigo has been coasting, and Rayzor made a comment at the begining of the game that Stephen is the mothers favorite.

That's kind of sobering. Oh well, I predicted it.

ZeroPT*

NHL, I think you are smart enough to figure that out.

I misworded that. My bad. He hasn't looked great in the NHL but in the AHL he has. And that's because he wasn't playing on a putrid team vs NHL talent.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
TO be fair they find;t do anything to cause the scoring chance. It was a shot block by Tootoo leading to a 1 on 1 between him and Weber and he won it and scored.

Whereas Hodgson made a poor choice with his pass to Des that led to a goal. Thus the benching. It may be harsh but he did do something that led to a goal. He should have taken the puck deep along the wall or tried to go to the net with it.

We're not talking about total turn over in front of his own net ala Stewart (who never seemed to get a raised eye brow for that knack). We're not even talking about a neutral zone pass.

Hodgson made an imperfect pass from well within the o-zone with two d men behind him. Sure, it wasn't a perfect pass to the extent that Strach (?) had it bounce away from him, but still - a total all out benching for it? Lame. Really lame.

If it doesn't bounce on the guy, Sabres get to actually set up in o-zone rather than chase around in circles some more. If Strach actually takes away the 2-on-1 pass, if Des actually snags his own guy (Bernier) or if Lindbach actually makes the save, then it's just another hockey play, no biggie.

As it is, Hodgson touched the puck at the start of the list of things that weren't perfect and so he's benched? lol. Truly, just lame.

Well, lame and also a great way to knock confidence out of a proven offensive producer.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I misworded that. My bad. He hasn't looked great in the NHL but in the AHL he has. And that's because he wasn't playing on a putrid team vs NHL talent.

The problem is he has no pace to his game, and can't create space for himself because he doesn't win puck battles or even touch the puck. In the AHL he is more talented then anyone else so he can still be successful. Out here he basically needs someone to do all the work on his line. If he doesn't learn to compete harder he won't amount to much, if he does he may become a good player. Its up to him, but with his Waiver status it amplifys everything. If he doesn't show much in the next 11 games, I think he is gone.

Edit: I don't dislike Grigorenko, it's entirely based on his Waiver eligibility.

Last edited:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
The way I see it, his development curve looks fine, if it wasn't for this damn waiver eligibility. Other than that, being great in the A during your first season, but leaving something to be desired at the NHL level is just normal for a 20 year old.

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
I fell asleep in the 3rd it was so boring of a game. If i wasn't eating supper earlier i'd have past out sooner.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
alot more then their accustomed to, that's for sure.

Do fans in the arena cheer for Arizona? Go to that extreme? On one hand I say whatever go have fun with this whole misery thing. But the other hand says... Our building with our team in a game they can win... Just keep quiet

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
MIssed the game while at work can anyone gimme a brief synopsis and how was foligno I see he had a staggering team lead in hits with 8?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
MIssed the game while at work can anyone gimme a brief synopsis and how was foligno I see he had a staggering team lead in hits with 8?

I vote boring. Hits may have been registered, but I sure didn't see anyone flying through the glass.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
CAmE6TuWUAAUdPg.png

Nice shot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad