GDT: #70: FLYERS at Lightning, Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020 - POSTPONED - NHL suspends season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgie the Whale

Jun 20, 2018
Bunnaman > Thompson so that’s an upgrade.

And I wonder why they called up Friedman. Did these coaches finally realize how horrible Hagg is? Doubtful.

Probably as a precaution but if they make any change it will be for Ghost. They like having 3 LHD and 3 RHD systemically.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So two start for Elliott in next 3 games? That's bad. :(
Let’s give the Moose some love
38300501-3C94-4F49-A70B-7845E6B20C18.gif

As for Kucherov:
A0F6C9F9-23E2-438B-B3E3-575CFC21E8A1.gif

P.S. Great GDT as always @MiamiScreamingEagles

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Niskanen struggled at times vs Boston, and I think it correlates directly to his TOI. 24:45 is just asking too much of him at this point in his career. I’d really like to see Ghost get some O zone starts with Provy tomorrow night.

i don't think its an issue but just take him off the pp. Let him just focus on even strength and pk. We have ghost for the top unit (i think he will be there soon seeing as he looks healthy) and prov/sanheim on the 2nd. It should help both provorov and niskanen to not play as much on the pp. I don't think their ice time will go down as much but if it does it could help.

Reactions: BiggE

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
as for frost, apparently he has a minor injury and will be back this weekend so thats why he wasn't called up. Doubt he would've anyway. Frost in and grant to the 4th line would've been amazing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It doesn't wear them down much but it steals away a chance to recover on the bench for a few minutes.

And no matter how many times raw point totals are posted, the context shows the real picture. Inflated shooting %'s and consistent usage are responsible (two top D in PP icetime). Ghost and Sanheim are very obviously the correct choices.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if it's because it's a "hockey guy" stat. As in, the kind of stat they show on NBCSP all the time, along with +/-.

I’m not saying it can’t be important in certain situations but people have a tendency to make it a boogeyman.

The fourth line should honestly be fine as long as Raffl & NAK are there. It was fine with Bunnaman & it was fine with Thompson too with those two guys there too. The biggest win imo is they don’t use Bunnaman in the PK rotation like they do Thompson.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m not saying it can’t be important in certain situations but people have a tendency to make it a boogeyman.

The fourth line should honestly be fine as long as Raffl & NAK are there. It was fine with Bunnaman & it was fine with Thompson too with those two guys there too. The biggest win imo is they don’t use Bunnaman in the PK rotation like they do Thompson.
Of course. If you're Giroux or Couturier then winning faceoffs is great because then you can actually do something with it and contribute during the other 99% of your shift.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad