GDT: #70: FLYERS at Lightning, Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020 - POSTPONED - NHL suspends season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (43-21-6)
vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (41-21-7)
9CTYmd6.jpg
th

RTF_1417.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Lightning7043-21-69222-10-221-11-424519523.281.450.5
Flyers 6941-21-78925-6-416-15-323219620.881.854.6
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

28 Claude Giroux -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 93 Jake Voracek
49 Joel Farabee -- 13 Kevin Hayes --
11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton -- 38 Derek Grant -- 18 Tyler Pitlick
12 Michael Raffl
-- 82 Connor Bunnaman -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim -- 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere -- 8 Robert Hagg
Goalies
79 Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott is the expected starter.
Power Plays
PP1: Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, Jake Voracek, Travis Konecny, Ivan Provorov
PP2: Derek Grant, Kevin Hayes, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Shayne Gostisbehere, Matt Niskanen

Injuries and Scratches

5 Phil Myers (right knee, Mar. 7) could be out four weeks with a fractured patella after blocking a shot.
Nolan Patrick (migraine disorder, Sep. 26) was transferred from injured/non-roster to LTIR Nov.22. He is progressing and has participated in no-contact practices as recently as Feb. 29. GM Chuck Fletcher hoped in the next couple weeks from Feb. 24 that Patrick would get to full contact in practices. As of Mar. 9 he is not cleared for contact.
23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing’s sarcoma [bone cancer], Dec. 13) is on LTIR and will not return to play this season. He began treatments in early January. On Feb. 22, it was reported that his treatments are ongoing and indications are better than expected.
25 James van Riemsdyk (broken right index finger, Mar. 4) will be out 4-to-6 weeks from the date of the injury.

44 Nate Thompson (sprained knee, Mar. 10) is expected out two weeks from date of injury.
55 Sam Morin (torn right ACL during AHL conditioning stint, Nov. 6) is on LTIR and expected out for the rest of the season.
59 Mark Friedman (healthy) could be scratched.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
NHL.com
Adam Kimelman's Twitter -- Adam Kimelman (@NHLAdamK) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philadelphia Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

18 Ondrej Palat -- 21 Brayden Point -- 20 Blake Coleman
17 Alex Killorn -- 71 Anthony Cirelli -- 86 Nikita Kucherov
23 Carter Verhaeghe -- 9 Tyler Johnson -- 37 Yanni Gourde

14 Pat Maroon -- 13 Cedric Paquette -- 19 Barclay Goodrow
Pairings
27 Ryan McDonagh -- 81 Erik Cernak
98 Mikhail Sergachev -- 22 Kevin Shattenkirk

55 Braydon Coburn -- 24 Zach Bogosian
Goalies
88 Andrei Vasilevskiy
35 Curtis McElhinney

Power Plays

PP1: Alex Killorn, Tyler Johnson, Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Mikhail Sergachev
PP2: Ondrej Palat, Anthony Cirelli, Pat Maroon, Kevin Shattenkirk, Yanni Gourde
Injuries and Scratches
2 Luke Schenn (healthy) could be scratched.
44 Jan Rutta (lower body, Feb. 3) is on injured reserve.
67 Mitchell Stephens (healthy) could be scratched.
77 Victor Hedman (lower body, Mar. 6) is day-to-day. He has been skating.
91 Steven Stamkos (core muscle surgery, Mar. 2) will not play.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Fox Sports Sun
Lightning Insider
Raw Charge
Tampa Bay Lightning
Bryan Burns' Twitter -- Bryan Burns (@BBurnsNHL) | Twitter
FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
DateOpponentTime (ET)Television
Saturday, March 14 vs. Minnesota 1:00 pm NBCSP, FS-N
Sunday, March 15 vs. Edmonton1:00 pm NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP
Tuesday, March 17vs. St. Louis 7:00 pm NBCSN, SNE, SNO, SNP
Friday, March 20 at Dallas 8:30 pm ESPN+, FS-SW, NBCSP
Saturday, March 21 at Nashville 8:00 pm ESPN+, FS-TN, NBCSP+
Tuesday, March 24vs. NY Islanders7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

FROM THE PAST

Tampa Bay has won the past seven meetings and 16 of the past 21.

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"A New Level"by Pantera

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Still disappointed that Myers is out. The talent in the top four with size and speed really made it hard on the other team. This will be another tough game so hoping for at least a point.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Niskanen struggled at times vs Boston, and I think it correlates directly to his TOI. 24:45 is just asking too much of him at this point in his career. I’d really like to see Ghost get some O zone starts with Provy tomorrow night.
He probably played a lot of those minutes against their top line. That's a challenge for any defenseman in the league.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
He probably played a lot of those minutes against their top line. That's a challenge for any defenseman in the league.
Only 8 players (all D) in the entire NHL average 24:45 or more per game. They are all #1 Dmen. Asking Niskanen to play that much on any night vs anyone is simply asking too much of him and is bad asset management.

Perfect example was the 3rd period last night. Desperately needing a goal would have been the perfect time to give Nisky a break now and then and use Ghost with Provy.

Fudgie the Whale

Jun 20, 2018
They aren't as hot as the last times these two teams met though. Pretty mediocre actually the last couple weeks. They're beatable.

I was referring to how the actual teams match up. Hedman being out helps but they still have a good mix of size and mobility on D. They've got good speed at forward and a real good transition game. It's a tough matchup for the Flyers roster and system.

Not saying they're unbeatable, just saying it's a tough match up. Some teams just don't match up well with other teams.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Niskanen struggled at times vs Boston, and I think it correlates directly to his TOI. 24:45 is just asking too much of him at this point in his career. I’d really like to see Ghost get some O zone starts with Provy tomorrow night.
It was frustrating watching him try to gut it out at the end on the 6-5 knowing Ghost was on the bench

Fudgie the Whale

Jun 20, 2018
It was frustrating watching him try to gut it out at the end on the 6-5 knowing Ghost was on the bench

They clearly like the LH/RH D combination for set plays. Ghost would not be a viable sub for Niskanan in that scenario.

Lot of people on here won't like this, and I'm not advocating it, but it wouldn't surprise me if Freidman gets a call up with Myers out as long as he is. I think Ghost will be on a short leash purely due to system and handedness.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
They clearly like the LH/RH D combination for set plays. Ghost would not be a viable sub for Niskanan in that scenario.

Lot of people on here won't like this, and I'm not advocating it, but it wouldn't surprise me if Freidman gets a call up with Myers out as long as he is. I think Ghost will be on a short leash purely due to system and handedness.
yeah, I think that is dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->