Post-Game Talk: #70: Capitals at FLYERS, Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m going to guess Colby thinks he was mistreated by superiors during his hockey career so he hates seeing young 20 something year old kids playing high minutes in the NHL.

He’s just a guy that’s trying to give “fresh” and controversial takes to get people talking. I’m sure hiring him, much like Taryn - was to try and get younger fans more on board.

Ratings fell quite a bit last year if I remember correctly.

He just says weird things, and has thrown players under the bus quite a bit this year. Curious if he comes back next season.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m going to guess Colby thinks he was mistreated by superiors during his hockey career so he hates seeing young 20 something year old kids playing high minutes in the NHL.
Sounds like jealousy, pure and simple. Being a failure and watching younger people succeed is tough for some people. Especially if they have a high opinion of themselves, as he appears to.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hart wasn't that bad overall. He had a rough couple of minutes, for those 3rd and 4th goals, but other than that it wasn't anything unexpected. The 1st and 2nd goals weren't on him and obviously the 5th was an ENG.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hart basically just said he felt rusty for the first 20-25 minutes.

Rain man would have known to not throw him to the wolves like that after being injured and not playing for a while.
Maybe we should have demoted him for a game to get the rust off to not have that excuse.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hart wasn't that bad overall. He had a rough couple of minutes, for those 3rd and 4th goals, but other than that it wasn't anything unexpected. The 1st and 2nd goals weren't on him and obviously the 5th was an ENG.

after the 4th goal , he almost gave up another softie , but coots saved it from going over the line. He looked terrible

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
colby tried to insutiate that the young guys were out of gas after going all out the past 60-30 days. Specifially myers and lindblom. Myers has only been with the team for a few weeks, and linblom looks great since being on that top line.

If anything the kids are only getting better ???

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

I thought he was like Mrazek during his time with us last year. All over the place for the first half of the game.

The first goal he put himself in a terrible position, and same with I believe it was the Wilson goal? The other one where he scrambled too far out of his net.

He had a very average game imo. Can, and needs to be better. These guys aren’t as good as Washington, and they needed a strong goaltending performance to give them a shot.

Love Hart, he should have been in against Ottawa to get back into playing shape. He will be fine.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm not even upset. They simply got outplayed by a much better team hitting their peak before defending their championship, and the Flyers are an average team who didn't even have one of their top 3 offensive players.

Couturier was really the only Flyer who consistently was able to generate offense.

Reactions: renberg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
2nd line centers in our division. Backstrom , Malkin. Those are 2 hall of famers. We have Nolan Patrick. We need a ton of good moves to contend.

Pens are done imo, Patrick is moving in the right direction.

Once the 4th line slop mentality and garbage D are gone, our depth will be insane.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I'm not even upset. They simply got outplayed by a much better team hitting their peak before defending their championship, and the Flyers are an average team who didn't even have one of their top 3 offensive players.

Couturier was really the only Flyer who consistently was able to generate offense.

Agree. Picking Caps in the pick em should of been unanimous

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Pens are done imo, Patrick is moving in the right direction.

Once the 4th line slop mentality and garbage D are gone, our depth will be insane.

We haven't seen this pens team healthy. They made two great acquisitions by getting mccann and blugstad for trash. If they can stay healthy they are a formidable opponent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad