Post-Game Talk: #7 | Wild at Flyers | October 26, 2023 | Flyers win 6-2

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
1698372555017.png

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When the Flyers took Brink, I said at the time if he fixes his skating he could be better than Caufield. Caufield is a pure goal scorer, Brink is a playmaker who scores goals.
Caufield is faster, Brink is stouter and can play in the dirty areas.

Brink is 6 months younger, and was a year behind in college, broke out at 20, Caufield broke out at 19-20. Brink lost last year due to surgery.

Caufield (1st two seasons) 113g 37-19 56 at ES, prorates to 27-14 41.
We'll see what Brink ends up with at the end of the season.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Assuming this were to continue, they would at least be able to see who actually has value worthy to hold onto though.
I just can't get past the team thinking "Wow, we weren't as bad as we thought, time to start making moves to compete" in the next year or 2, and it will be an absolute disaster because this team plus Michkov and Gauthier a contender it is not. It's not even close tbh, the defence alone will be a horrific.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Sanheim has officially taken over as leader of this defense and I love it. I don't like a lot, but it's nice to finally see something looking like a legitimate number one defenseman on this club. This man swallowed serious shit from this organization and their piss poor usage of him, so it's nice to see his come uppance. I just want something to enjoy this season and I'm loving all world Sanheim.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
My favorite team won and I enjoyed it. Bobby Brink looks really good. Walker is pleasantly surprising. Sanheim has had an amazing start to the season. Couturier and Atkinson were added for free, and both look pretty good. Konecny is a legit 1st line winger. Gauthier and Michkov are down the road.
Captain Dave Poulin (HFboards Sponsor) threatened to beat me up. Great night of hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I just can't get past the team thinking "Wow, we weren't as bad as we thought, time to start making moves to compete" in the next year or 2, and it will be an absolute disaster because this team plus Michkov and Gauthier a contender is not. It's not even close tbh, the defence alone will be a horrific.

I don't think they'll cease to draft and/or seek trades, though.

So, in theory, if you have good forward depth plus an elite and quasi-elite talent, a decent-to-better defense, and really good goaltending...you can kinda be a competitor.

My thinking is they're eyeing a return to the past close-but-no-cigar model. Jones has stressed making it an attractive place to play again, the locker room reno, all that. I think they're planning to try to draft a couple stars, go buy another couple in FA, trade for some aging #2 defenseman, and let the second round exits and Conference Final bummers rip.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I had fun btw. They keep this up and they'll earn themselves four chances to try to win one playoff game. Love Bobby Brink. Farabee is born again. Thicc goatee Sanheim is a different animal.

The 4th line sucked again but that's my only complaint specific to this game.

Reactions: VladDrag

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Just imagine what this team would look like if there werent so many criminals in the league

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I don't think they'll cease to draft and/or seek trades, though.

So, in theory, if you have good forward depth plus an elite and quasi-elite talent, a decent-to-better defense, and really good goaltending...you can kinda be a competitor.

My thinking is they're eyeing a return to the past close-but-no-cigar model. Jones has stressed making it an attractive place to play again, the locker room reno, all that. I think they're planning to try to draft a couple stars, go buy another couple in FA, trade for some aging #2 defenseman, and let the second round exits and Conference Final bummers rip.
If only we could be so lucky to see multiple conference finals in the near future. You need a bit of luck in the playoffs and if you are making multiple conference finals you have a good chance of breaking through

Reactions: tucson83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad