Post-Game Talk: #7 | Panthers at Flyers | October 27, 2022 | 7:00 PM | Win 4-3 | Hart sets team record for saves in a home game (48)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'll still contend Hart played better in the 2020 playoffs than he is right now, go back and watch how perfect he was in terms of positioning and his cat like quickness getting over and then squaring up for shots.

So far this season, he's allowed a half dozen "soft" goals that normally he'd stop (two last night), and has struggled with rebound control and doesn't seem as balanced. This is not a criticism, it's early in the season and I expect he'll improve his technique as the season progresses. Some of his performance so far is puck luck, some is the defense playing more aggressively around the net (making it harder for opposing teams to get good shots off rebounds).

The irony is I expect him to play better but his S% to decline at the same time as puck luck evens out.
But he's certainly a much better goalie than he showed the past two seasons.

He's the only reason they're winning. You're nitpicking to try and defend Fletcher and Tortorella who are currently overseeing a team worse than last year's.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Well, if we're making decisions based on advanced metrics, obviously TK and his xGFrel of -13.93 should be benched.
Frost -7.38
Cates -5.34
MacEwen -3.26
Farabee -3.10

Allison +2.31
Hayes +2.48
Laughton +6.78
Deslaurier +8.97
Sedlak +10.80
Great point, dead. From now on, we'll all not refer to xGFrel in isolation to make a point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is 100 percent what happened , but according to some on here there was bad play , slow skating , poor exit passes etc... It should almost be mandatory that people on here have to go back and re watch before posting stupid shit on here , but then again 60 percent don't even watch the first time .

The very second the first shift Frost went out and they replaced Allison on his right side with Mac I knew exactly what was going to happen . Delusional got promoted to the left side to and they jumped Sedlak to center and Frost and Allison could just go F themselves . No different with Z , he was automatically the 7th D and he could do nothing to replace this thought in Torts head , the hell with development it's just easier this way . Torts comment of we really like how Z has played this year but you are sill playing behind Risto ,Braun , Seeler no matter what .

The Panthers were pouring it on in the first and Torts head was spinning just like our own team was in their own end . In a few other games Torts moved people here and there trying to see if he could get somethings clicking better and maybe make a few adjustments . Last night was lazy , piss poor job of coaching .

He got what he was comfortable with and wanted and we were winning , so who cares if we were getting shit kicked . I was sitting here watching the game and I was pissed , not at the teams play but at the coaching staffs absolute pathetic job they were doing . There heads were on spin cycle and it showed .

Deadly or who ever on here is defending this game go back and watch the game with your eyes open and tell me I'm wrong with a straight face . Shit coached game !!!

Yup, when I realized Allison and Frost were hurt and I went back to check they hadn't got hurt, or made some shockingly bad turnovers like the ones that got Hayes and TK benched in the last game. But their shifts were uneventful. Allison did get hit pretty hard along the boards by Gudas, so I was relieved he did get on the ice in the 3rd.

Now Zamula had a genuinely tough night, but I think it's particularly hard on a young dman to be suddenly thrust into a 7D rotation where he's playing with different partners and on different sides every shift.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Zamula's problem was simply that Florida is the most aggressive team in the league in the O-zone, they put a lot of pressure on the defense, and he just wasn't used to it (you don't face Florida in the AHL). I don't think Torts was unhappy with Zamula, probably just felt the kid was being overwhelmed and wanted the veterans out there.

People read too much into game decisions, HCs go by their gut and what they're seeing on the ice.

The interesting player is Tippett, Torts told him to stop trying to be a scorer and just go play, and he was a force out there, using his size and speed on the forecheck. I think that's exactly what he needs to do, forget about the pressure to live up to his draft position and just use his skills in this scheme to make things happen instead of trying to make the perfect play.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Flyers have given up 77 HDCA(bottom 10 in the entire league) this season while allowing only 1 HDGA, good for a .979% HDsvpct, by far the highest in the league. Every other team that has given up more HDCA have allowed double digit HDGA. But Carter Hart isn't playing "that good".
Since Hart & Bob are both listed as having only 3 high danger shots against 5 on 5, does that mean the game was roughly even 5 on 5?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Since Hart & Bob are both listed as having only 3 high danger shots against 5 on 5, does that mean the game was roughly even 5 on 5?
Only a mental midget like you could make that assumption. Since they gave up 29 SCA while only generating 12 SCF at 5 on 5, does that mean they got the doors blown off their hinges and were saved by the goalie?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Hart is a stud. The doubters are seeing him lift the team and I would love to see him like this in the playoffs.
We scored four goals on a guy who won a vezina. Torts is doing what I want him to do in getting the effort. It might take a bit for the kids to catch up to the real speed of the game and trust Thier instincts and it looks like tippet has begun that process while Allison might not have the legs to keep up. I've been a huge fan of his game and the player so I hope he gets a long leash

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hart is a stud. The doubters are seeing him lift the team and I would love to see him like this in the playoffs.
We scored four goals on a guy who won a vezina. Torts is doing what I want him to do in getting the effort. It might take a bit for the kids to catch up to the real speed of the game and trust Thier instincts and it looks like tippet has begun that process while Allison might not have the legs to keep up. I've been a huge fan of his game and the player so I hope he gets a long leash

They're outplayed every game.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Only a mental midget like you could make that assumption. Since they gave up 29 SCA while only generating 12 SCF at 5 on 5, does that mean they got the doors blown off their hinges and were saved by the goalie?
I’m confused, where did I make an assumption? I asked you a stat-related question.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Hate that I have to ask but this 4th line wasn't real right? Haven't watched much this year.

1666976689289.png

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
No. They went with 7 D-men b/c Laczynski was AWOL for the birth of his child, obviously he has skewed priorities.

Actually, funny you mention that. Last night, a former Flyers backup's wife was on labor watch, but a certain former Flyers coach decided to start him anyway with the intent of pulling and replacing him in case the baby was born.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So Tortorella must be really bad at getting his team to do the effort since they're outplayed nightly, I guess?

This organization and fanbase at large dislike players that make the game look easy, through guile, shiftiness, anticipation. Every shift must look like they're storming the beaches of Normandy. That's hockey.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This organization and fanbase at large dislike players that make the game look easy, through guile, shiftiness, anticipation. Every shift must look like they're storming the beaches of Normandy. That's hockey.
It would be nice if the Flyers had one of those players.
Frost certainly ain't one of them.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad