Post-Game Talk: #7 | Panthers at Flyers | October 27, 2022 | 7:00 PM | Win 4-3 | Hart sets team record for saves in a home game (48)

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Hart played well, but he also gave up two soft goals in the 1st period.
Florida was firing the puck at him every chance they had, and a lot were high shots, they saw something on film, b/c he struggled to control rebounds. In the 3rd period (wonder if someone pointed this out) he started using his glove, and took control of the game.

Most of the shots were routine saves, they blocked a number, cleared out some bad rebounds. Hart has not been playing out of his gourd, for every excellent save there's been a soft goal so far this season. He also made some bad decisions with the puck. Point is while he's playing well, he's not playing at some superhuman level, he can clean up a lot in his game in terms of rebound control and using his glove more.

Flyers were horrible for the first 15 minutes, then played the Panthers even the rest of the game.
None of their goal were softies, and Cates hit the post.
Yes, Florida, a deeper team with years of playing together in the same system ran them ragged at times, as the lack of cohesion is obvious, nor is it surprising. But despite being overwhelmed to start the game, they never gave up.

If Tippett never learns to finish, he could still be a great bottom six forward, he was a force on the forecheck. Flyers need more skill, but they also need more forwards with his package of size and speed and grit. Allison showed that two years ago, but he looks a stride slower this season.
stop it with the carter hart crazy talk, just stop.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I rewatched the last shifts that Frost and Allison took in the 2nd period before they got benched, and there were no awful gaffes. I think old man Torts got sick of figuring out how to get 4 lines from 11 forwards and just went with the 3 lines most of the rest of the way.

Zamula didn't appear again after the 2nd.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
The NHL revised its numbers last night. Hart, in fact, set a team record for most saves by a goalie in a home game with 48.

should be enough for 4th star

I rewatched the last shifts that Frost and Allison took in the 2nd period before they got benched, and there were no awful gaffes. I think old man Torts got sick of figuring out how to get 4 lines from 11 forwards and just went with the 3 lines most of the rest of the way.

ahhhh development

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
“Tank!” “Sign Gaudreau!” “The team can’t even lose when they’re supposed to!” “Chuck’s wasting Hart’s best years!”

LOL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Zamula was bad, he had a couple good games but not this one. Typical rookie.
Frost looked overmatched.
Allison just doesn't have the burst he had two seasons ago, hopefully as the season progresses, he'll get some of that back.

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The NHL revised its numbers last night. Hart, in fact, set a team record for most saves by a goalie in a home game with 48.

Wait a second, 2016, wasn't that the team with Ghost, Giroux, Voracek, Couts, Simmons, B Schenn, Raffl, which went to the playoffs?
How did Mason manage to face so many shots?

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia

Give the guy a break. You’d think he’s getting paid millions to do this.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
“Tank!” “Sign Gaudreau!” “The team can’t even lose when they’re supposed to!” “Chuck’s wasting Hart’s best years!”

LOL.
sign 29 year old khl players

get outshot over 2 1

Be a fraud the first 10 games because this truly is the year charlie brown will kick the football.

give torts credit for benching tk. Those skill plays last night were all the work of Torts benching.

agreed LOL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
stop it with the carter hart crazy talk, just stop.
Charlie saw the same thing I did, tweeting this during the game:

"It's pretty clear that Carter Hart doesn't have his "A-game" tonight. Tons of bad rebounds & a couple weak goals. The fact that he's still made 36 saves and has a 0.923 save percentage speaks to what his baseline level has been so far in 2022-23."

Veteran goaltenders use the glove to stop play, give their defense a chance to rest and change personnel, and slow the momentum of an aggressive attack. Hart is still learning how and when to do that. One reason he faced so many shots was his bad rebound control led to second and third chances around the net - and the Florida shooters were firing from a distance while teammates attacked the net trying to force rebounds.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He didn't. Risto and MacEwen did, though. Hence their sub 10% showing.
Well, if we're making decisions based on advanced metrics, obviously TK and his xGFrel of -13.93 should be benched.
Frost -7.38
Cates -5.34
MacEwen -3.26
Farabee -3.10

Allison +2.31
Hayes +2.48
Laughton +6.78
Deslaurier +8.97
Sedlak +10.80

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
well ...........................
313172284_10223503031665852_8416114679295995042_n.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

"We're going to play the kids."

Torts wants to be paid millions from home but hart is wrecking Tort's strategy.

Guaranteed contracts for coach's are asburd.

Really what is to keep them from getting a huge contract and half-assing it until they are canned? It's pretty much what AV did after his 1st season here.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

This is 100 percent what happened , but according to some on here there was bad play , slow skating , poor exit passes etc... It should almost be mandatory that people on here have to go back and re watch before posting stupid shit on here , but then again 60 percent don't even watch the first time .

The very second the first shift Frost went out and they replaced Allison on his right side with Mac I knew exactly what was going to happen . Delusional got promoted to the left side to and they jumped Sedlak to center and Frost and Allison could just go F themselves . No different with Z , he was automatically the 7th D and he could do nothing to replace this thought in Torts head , the hell with development it's just easier this way . Torts comment of we really like how Z has played this year but you are sill playing behind Risto ,Braun , Seeler no matter what .

The Panthers were pouring it on in the first and Torts head was spinning just like our own team was in their own end . In a few other games Torts moved people here and there trying to see if he could get somethings clicking better and maybe make a few adjustments . Last night was lazy , piss poor job of coaching .

He got what he was comfortable with and wanted and we were winning , so who cares if we were getting shit kicked . I was sitting here watching the game and I was pissed , not at the teams play but at the coaching staffs absolute pathetic job they were doing . There heads were on spin cycle and it showed .

Deadly or who ever on here is defending this game go back and watch the game with your eyes open and tell me I'm wrong with a straight face . Shit coached game !!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'll still contend Hart played better in the 2020 playoffs than he is right now, go back and watch how perfect he was in terms of positioning and his cat like quickness getting over and then squaring up for shots.

So far this season, he's allowed a half dozen "soft" goals that normally he'd stop (two last night), and has struggled with rebound control and doesn't seem as balanced. This is not a criticism, it's early in the season and I expect he'll improve his technique as the season progresses. Some of his performance so far is puck luck, some is the defense playing more aggressively around the net (making it harder for opposing teams to get good shots off rebounds).

The irony is I expect him to play better but his S% to decline at the same time as puck luck evens out.
But he's certainly a much better goalie than he showed the past two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad