GDT: #7 - NJ @ OTT - 3 in a row? Could it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
resize

Thank you Andrew Hammond for saving my fantasy season last year. Now, be a sport and let a couple by tonight.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I hope you live in Ottawa. :laugh:

I do not live there, but I do work there at times. Just met two members of the Devils staff at Mucho Burrito. Not sure who they were but they were wearing a Devil's track suit. Probably members of the coaching/training staff.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Plus it's just fun to say Zibanejad

Zibinijed. Zibbbanijide. Zbiniwho. Zabzanzibar. Zbiginad. Aw rats.

edit:
btw, is it me, or does it seem like the newly tweaked lines somehow take some fun out of things. I think with Josefson in the top6 and Boucher somewhere in the lineup, it felt like - 'cool, something is happening'. Now, with our first line looking like a good 3rd line, and Zajac optimistically paired with two offensive players after last game's outburst... and just two additional lines of watered down dreck... I'm like: do I want to watch this?

NHL Fanatik*

The most bland franchise since they've been in the league IMO.

I dread watching our games in Ottawa.

I personally love all hockey, 0-0 games going into a shootout and 7-7 games going into shootout - just watching hockey is enough for me.

LennyRi

Jun 27, 2012
Rijeka
Changed my avatar to Palmieri come on score at least two goals tonight:handclap:
LGD

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really would like to see 7 defensemen rather than 12 forwards.

We probably have at least 4 forwards that are useless and that we could do without

Pikkalinin - Sucks

O'Neill - REALLY sucks

Gionta - Not as bad as the first two LOL

Matteau - Meh

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I personally love all hockey, 0-0 games going into a shootout and 7-7 games going into shootout - just watching hockey is enough for me.

All of us here do too but Ottawa has been the least exciting franchise IMO since they entered the league.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I understand wanting to give Merrill some time to skate and get a little conditioning back after being sick, but if he's good to go and whether we've won the last 2 games without him or not, Schlemenko has been pretty brutal for him to warrant staying in the lineup over Merrill.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What is it like to have a first line?

I'm imagining a little kid in a tiny house owned by a poor family in Kansas in the 20's. It's black and white, and the kid is asking his father "can we please have a first line pa?" And the father responds "Sorry son, we just have to make due with 4 4th lines.".

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All of us here do too but Ottawa has been the least exciting franchise IMO since they entered the league.

I think they've had some entertaining teams, last season under Paulrus was one of the most boring teams I've seen in years though. After Spezza and Alfredsson left, they were really boring before the coaching change.

Bobby Ryan isn't very exciting anymore either.

Aside from a couple nice young players and Karlsson and Craig Anderson in goal.... Yeah not really feeling them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think they've had some entertaining teams, last season under Paulrus was one of the most boring teams I've seen in years though. After Spezza and Alfredsson left, they were really boring before the coaching change.

Bobby Ryan isn't very exciting anymore either.

Aside from a couple nice young players and Karlsson and Craig Anderson in goal.... Yeah not really feeling them.

I just got back from the store with a purchase of red bull and jolt, I'm ready for the game now.:sarcasm:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I really would like to see 7 defensemen rather than 12 forwards.

We probably have at least 4 forwards that are useless and that we could do without

Pikkalinin - Sucks

O'Neill - REALLY sucks

Gionta - Not as bad as the first two LOL

Matteau - Meh

I know you hate Kalinin, but the guy played on international ice for his entire career, give him a little time to figure out NHL ice. He's not terrible. But he is way better than O'Trash

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I believe it is the 1 year anniversary since the shooting up that way. Weird thing is, we played them on that same day last season too.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
A guy that is in the first handful of games in his career on NA sized ice, in a new country...and a guy playing his first handful of career games ever in the NHL, with no training camp to get used to his teammates are already labeled awful, trashy players.

Never stop being ridiculous, HF. :laugh:

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Im hoping for Josefsons first goal. He needs to get his production going. Get som self confidens.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
A guy that is in the first handful of games in his career on NA sized ice, in a new country...and a guy playing his first handful of career games ever in the NHL, with no training camp to get used to his teammates are already labeled awful, trashy players.

Never stop being ridiculous, HF. :laugh:

They're both fourth liners. I'm not sure what people expect from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad