GDT: #7| New York Islanders @ San Jose Sharks | October 20th | 10:30 PM | F/L 4-1

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Nelson is not a better centre than Bailey...I don't know what this teams love affair for Nelson playing centre...we have so many other players who were natural centres before they got here.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out why certain moves are made, but this one baffles me. Why are we pushing this guy to be a centre at all? It's clearly obvious the guy can't carry the puck for long periods and has passing depth stopping at 2 players (meaning he passes only to no more than one of two players instead of seeing the whole ice and all 4 players) - he sees a max of two passing lanes and he he never thinks it through. Always passes to the closest player, not the player in the best position to do something.

I know it's only 6 games in, but I have had enough of Nelson...(watch him score a hatty tonight to prove me wrong).

Reactions: Eberzal

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Nelson needs a winger that can carry the puck, gain the zone and complete a pass. The only winger we have that he's worked well with was Josh Ho Sang.... in the mean time, Bailey/Lee and Barzal/Eberle are being split to accommodate him. I get having Bailey with Barzal/Beau for defensive reasons, but with Ladd on that line now you can swap Eberle in on the RW and not lose anything. Lee is lost without Bailey and has only looked like himself on the PP when they have been paired together with Barzal.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
upload_2018-10-20_20-58-17.png

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
San jose downtown area is killer. Tons of fans and plenty of spots to pregame.

More posts throughout the evening. Cupholder status is coming!

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Nelson needs a winger that can carry the puck, gain the zone and complete a pass. The only winger we have that he's worked well with was Josh Ho Sang.... in the mean time, Bailey/Lee and Barzal/Eberle are being split to accommodate him. I get having Bailey with Barzal/Beau for defensive reasons, but with Ladd on that line now you can swap Eberle in on the RW and not lose anything. Lee is lost without Bailey and has only looked like himself on the PP when they have been paired together with Barzal.

Why can't they go:

Nelson/Barzal/Eberle
Lee/Bailey/Beau
Ladd/Filppula/Komarov

You just described Barzal as that guy who can get Nelson the puck, and Ladd plays well with the new old guys

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Why can't they go:

Nelson/Barzal/Eberle
Lee/Bailey/Beau
Ladd/Filppula/Komarov

You just described Barzal as that guy who can get Nelson the puck, and Ladd plays well with the new old guys

Beauvillier needs to prove he's worthy of playing in the bottom six at this point. Bailey is playing RW out of necessity, but he's thrived there and hasn't played center in a few years now. Nelson is just a square peg on a team full of round holes. He's not an upgrade over anyone on the wing and isn't good enough to be 2C. It's just way past time to move on. I'd honestly rather see Scott Eansor at this point. Make a move and get Jason Spezza... something.... anything but continue trying to turn Nelson into a 2C.

Reactions: IslandersGER

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Ladd - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Komarov - Nelson - Ho-Sang
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

I like those lines but there’s no room for Beauvillier then

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Ladd - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - Filppula - Bailey
Komarov - Nelson - Ho-Sang
Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

I like those lines but there’s no room for Beauvillier then

Why mess with the bottom two lines? I like JHS, but he has to be used in a scoring role to be effective. We tried Nelson/JHS on the 3rd line last year and it was a disaster. Just put Nelson between Bailey and Lee and hope that he takes advantage of their chemistry.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Ok boys, take this game tonight, split the road trip and be done with 2 of the top 3 WC teams for the year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad