GDT: #7: Golden Knights at FLYERS, Monday, Oct. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You shrugged it off like it couldn't explain the scoring struggles.
Like I said before, blown chances or a lack of execution happens in literally every game. It's normal, a constant. Otherwise hockey scores would look like football.

The extremes of their number chances but complete lack of scoring wasn't because of that. Some of the chances were blown because of it, but many weren't. Many were just bad luck in the form of great saves, teammates whiffing, or other stuff that the individual can't control. There were plenty of times where someone like Giroux would do a great job and deserve a point, but something out of his control would prevent it. That happens regularly too, but not to this extreme.

The eye test says that's the case and I believe others have said the numbers say that's true too.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I’ve been a big Oskar fan forever. Remember the JVR-Oskar debate, and how everyone assumed Farabee had more upside?
If Farabee turns out better than this then just wow.

remember when Lindblom’s skating was an issue? And how he flubbed so many easy goals last year?

id like a G to Farabee goal here.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think G and Jake should switch on PP, don't mean they aren't good enough to still produce. Their line has been buzzing
It makes things 1000x harder on the PP because it makes it way harder for them to score off a shot and way harder for them to get an assist off a Ghost shot because their lack of onetimer option means the opponent can clog the middle up more, which makes it much harder for pucks to get through and result in goals or rebounds.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Like I said before, blown chances or a lack of execution happens in literally every game. It's normal, a constant. Otherwise hockey scores would look like football.

The extremes of their number chances but complete lack of scoring wasn't because of that. Some of the chances were blown because of it, but many weren't. Many were just bad luck in the form of great saves, teammates whiffing, or other stuff that the individual can't control. There were plenty of times where someone like Giroux would do a great job and deserve a point, but something out of his control would prevent it. That happens regularly too, but not to this extreme.
I think about giroux sand the back hand that hit the post. He has played so well and not much to show for it.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If Ghost were a real man he would have used his ****ing mind powers to just strangle Marchessault within inches of his life a la Darth Vader. But alas, he is nothing more than a fragile flower wussball.
Yeah, imagine thinking Ghost should've fought, as if that matters at all, and take himself off of the upcoming PP. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad