7 Game series right now Leafs vs Bruins

Leafs vs Boston

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
As bad as that loss was, the fact the Leafs brought that series to 7 Games was impressive because they were supposed to lose it in 3.

Plus that epic collapse helped expose the team for how flawed it was overall. Looking back, I’m actually kinda glad it happened.
Obviously no Leafs fans wanted them to collapse like they did in Game 7. However if that never happens they might have not hired Shanahan at the end of the following season, which means no Mike Babcock, Lou Lamoriello, Mark Hunter, Kyle Dubas and etc.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Leafs are somehow able to get home ice against the Bruins I really think the Leafs will win. If Babcock is able to keep Bergeron away from Matthews that will play a big part in how this ends. Seems like a 7 game series either way though.
Even without home ice I remember back in 2013 the media kept brining up keeping Phil Kessel away from Chara. In those 7 games he managed 4 goals and 2 assists and scored a goal in the 3rd period of Game 7 to make it a 3-1 Leafs lead at the time. So I think we are worrying for nothing about keeping Matthews away from Bergeron based on one game this season.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Leafs were 2 shots away from winning last year's series vs an equivalent 2017 Caps team and they're a better team this year so at the very least it'll be another 6 or 7 game series. Home ice will probably determine the winner. Bruins are really good and so are the Leafs. I like the Bruins chances maybe 51/49 just because playoff hockey is more condensed and they're already a tight defensive team and Bergeron might win the Matthews matchup over a 7 game period. We'll see.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Leafs were 2 shots away from winning last year's series vs an equivalent 2017 Caps team and they're a better team this year so at the very least it'll be another 6 or 7 game series. Home ice will probably determine the winner. Bruins are really good and so are the Leafs. I like the Bruins chances maybe 51/49 just because playoff hockey is more condensed and they're already a tight defensive team and Bergeron might win the Matthews matchup over a 7 game period. We'll see.

I mean, if you use that logic the Capitals were also 2 shots away from sweeping Toronto last year (if they won games 2 and 3 in OT rather than the Leafs).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I guess... I suppose I just don't really see a difference with those hypotheticals. Leafs were just as close to losing the games they won in OT as they were to winning the games they lost in OT.
We can also look at it like this and why it's stupid to do so. Let's say the Leafs won Game 1 in OT and still win Games 2 and 3 in OT which we saw them do. Do they still lose Games 4, 5, & 6 because that's what happened and the series goes to 7?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
We can also look at it like this and why it's stupid to do so. Let's say the Leafs won Game 1 in OT and still win Games 2 and 3 in OT which we saw them do. Do they still lose Games 4, 5, & 6 because that's what happened and the series goes to 7?
That was my whole point, Leafs didn't win those games so its silly to say they were "2 shots away from winning" which was the post I originally replied to. Count wins you actually won, none of those coulda/woulda/shoulda nonsense.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That was my whole point, Leafs didn't win those games so its silly to say they were "2 shots away from winning" which was the post I originally replied to. Count wins you actually won, none of those coulda/woulda/shoulda nonsense.
I guess when you factor in 5/6 games going into overtime and Game 4 also being decided by one goal, it's easy to say what if? I know for a short period of time I thought that myself.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Leafs are the better team, and have beaten Boston most of the games they’ve played over the past couple seasons, so they should be the likely favourite. But in a 7 game series luck can be a huge factor and anything can happen

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
To mark the occasion of Marner's 1st NHL goal, on Boxing Day I purchased this item for myself.

MARM10452D.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad