Kaprizov - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Couture - Perron

Toews - Makar
Theodore - Pietrangelo
Chychrun - Doughty
Faulk

Gibson
Fleury

When compiling a team, it felt a bit top heavy, but less depth than other conferences.
West is definitely underrated, best defense IMO and Gibson in net. Kopitar/Stone/O'Reilly are 3 of the best defensive forwards in the league.

Are we talking allstar game style or playoff series? Because I'd take the West in a playoff series. That defense is no joke.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
West is definitely underrated, best defense IMO and Gibson in net. Kopitar/Stone/O'Reilly are 3 of the best defensive forwards in the league.

Are we talking allstar game style or playoff series? Because I'd take the West in a playoff series. That defense is no joke.

Personally I like Central D better. As far as who wins, I do not think it can be predicted with any degree of certainty, it's more of a nod to overall star power I think. The poll numbers for sure do not reflect actual odds.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
My stab at North team here.

M. Tkachuk - McDavid - Marner
Connor - Matthews - Draisaitl
Tavares - Schiefele - Wheeler
B.Tkachuk - Pettersson - Boeser

Chabot - Petry
Quinn - Giordano
Rielly - Schmidt
Nurse

Hellebuyk
Demko

Matthews played with McDavid on the NA team. I think Ehlers is better than Boeser, I'd move Wheels down so the Tkachuks could play together and then have Ehlers slot in with Wheels. On D, I think there are better options than Gio this year and I'd probably have the Canucks guys play together. No opinion of which D gets PP1, it'd probably be Rielly.

Draisaitl - Matthews - McDavid
Connor - Schiefele - Marner
B.Tkachuk - Tavares - M.Tkachuk
Ehlers - Pettersson - Wheeler
ALTS - RNH/Nylander/Boeser/Gaudreau (can be subbed for MT)

Chabot - Petry
Quinn - Schmidt
Rielly - Nurse
ALTS - Muzz/Pionk (need some D in there, maybe Brodie if he's been better than Muzz. Leaf fans would know better).

Goalies are set.

PP1 = McDavid, Drai, Matthews, Marner, D.

That top line would nuke any other line in the league and I feel like the PP1 would set a league record conversion %.

East has better forwards than the north.

No, I really don't think they do.

Last edited:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Matthews played with McDavid on the NA team. I think Ehlers is better than Boeser, I'd move Wheels down so the Tkachuks could play together and then have Ehlers slot in with Wheels. On D, I think there are better options than Gio this year and I'd probably have the Canucks guys play together. No opinion of which D gets PP1, it'd probably be Rielly.

Draisaitl - Matthews - McDavid
Connor - Schiefele - Marner
B.Tkachuk - Tavares - M.Tkachuk
Ehlers - Pettersson - Wheeler
ALTS - RNH/Nylander/Boeser

Chabot - Petry
Quinn - Schmidt
Rielly - Nurse
ALTS - Muzz/Pionk (need some D in there, maybe Brodie if he's been better than Muzz. Leaf fans would know better).

Goalies are set.

PP1 = McDavid, Drai, Matthews, Marner, D.

That top line would nuke any other line in the league and I feel like the PP1 would set a league record conversion %.

That works too. Did not dare to put McDavid on the wing, but his speed could be quite effective there. Going back, I'd also try a all-burner line of Connor - McDavid - Marner just to see if speed really kills if nothing else.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
That works too. Did not dare to put McDavid on the wing, but his speed could be quite effective there. Going back, I'd also try a all-burner line of Connor - McDavid - Marner just to see if speed really kills if nothing else.

Draisaitl is probably taking faceoffs on that line anyways, Matthews could play the wing if it gets him better shooting opportunities, I just didn't want to get into an argument about who's better defensively and thus gets the C spot. I assume these guys will just be playing run and gun pond hockey with that much talent.

Reactions: theVladiator

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
With so much high end skill at the forward position and Helle in the net the North would win in 6 or less games against any other division.
When you can put Scheifele as your 4th line C you WILL score a lot of goals.

North Division Centres
McDavid
Matthews
Draisaitl
Scheifele

Wow that is firepower. Add Helle in net and they could dominate.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I'm not sure. Although we have the deepest forward core, I don't think we measure up to the other divisions on defence.

As far as goaltending, I think we're weaker although Campbell is making a case for himself and, we have last year's Vezina winner in Hellebuyck. Smith has also been solid since he came back from injury.

I just think it would be a lot closer than people think.
I think individually the North doesn’t have teams that have a Hedman or Josi level dman but taking all teams into account I think you could assemble a good enough d corps to more than be adequate enough to let the forwards dominate.
Chabot - Schmidt
Reilly - Brodie
Q Hughes - Petry

Barrie, Morrissey, Nurse, Kelfbom, Gio, Hanafin, Valimaki, Pionk

Last edited:

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I think individually the North doesn’t have teams that have a Hedman or Josi level dman but taking all teams into account I think you could assemble a good enough d corps to more than be adequate enough to let the forwards dominate.
Chabot - Schmidt
Reilly - Brodie
Q Hughes - Petry

Barrie, Morrissey, Nurse, Kelfbom, Gio, Hanafin, Valimaki, Pionk
With the forward corps being who they are... I think a big brute like Nurse would be required on D over Q. Hughes

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'll just put Drai-McDavid-Matthews together, play them for 25+minutes and wish the other team good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad