[#7] Dallas Stars at Pittsburgh Penguins - 6:00 PM CST

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
1-2 games is expected, I think. This should result in some playing time for Nemeth.

I thought the same thing, but with an exclamation point......how good is it when even a short suspension of one of your top D men means something good will happen. We have that much depth, and Nemeth is actually potentially better, at least long term.

Nice game overall. My cousin came over. Pens fan. Took him to opening night. We also watched both games last year, live here, TV there. He is 0-4 and sick of seeing the Dallas Stars, as I am sure Pens fans are.

Razor noted that Crosby looked dis-spirited. In fact, he looks a little old. It made me think of just how right Nill is in the "win now" mode when Benn and Seguin are mid and low 20's. Scorers peak at 28. In a few years, Benn's production will wane slightly, and our window will be gone, just as it appears to be with the Pens. We may be luckier in that our prospect pool will fill in and we won't have to pay a Kessel $8M.

Maybe we can keep it going a bit longer, but really, this team core does just have at most 3 years to win it, at least the first time, so they need to go for it, and it looks like they are.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He started with a few rough games. Glad he is returning to form.

Love the Pitt fan who had no idea how good he was. I was actually worrying about regression simply due to lack of surprise factor among coaches around the league. And players, but he undressed the guy on the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad