GDT: #7|Boston vs. Pittsburgh | Tue, Jan. 26 - 7:00 PM -PPG| WHAT ABOUT KAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That broken rip making Malkin skate :laugh:!

He's actually been skating all game, but yeah, there was a jump on top of the jump after that. :laugh:

EDIT: Nice backcheck. But the backhand pass was to where he thought Kapanen would be to support where Kapanen jumped the zone (that's a lack of familiarity thing).

Reactions: ncm7772

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I guess this is Malkin's version of when Sid just flat couldn't score any more and people wondered if he was toast.

Sid eventually snapped out of it and went on an unholy tear. Here's hoping Malkin has that in him. He looks sooooooo bad now.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin likes to give turnovers right back.

Such a nice guy!

I'm not going to kill him too much on that one. If it's Jake or Rust or even a McCann or Tanev, they go to that spot to take the quick pass and take the puck. Kapanen went to fly the zone.

There was a purpose to that pass. The error was assuming Kapanen would know like Jake or Rust or even McCann or Tanev know.

Something like that comes with time.

Reactions: Bingo71

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I’m curious what people think Letang should do on that play.

Also, why is o’Connor on the PP over Kapanen?
something something Kapanen fat and out of shape. O’Connor is surely the best choice for for the equalizer after giving up a Shorty.

We’re winning in spite of Sully.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
He's actually been skating all game, but yeah, there was a jump on top of the jump after that. :laugh:

EDIT: Nice backcheck. But the backhand pass was to where he thought Kapanen would be to support where Kapanen jumped the zone (that's a lack of familiarity thing).
oh no we already decided...terrible turnover by a shitty player

Reactions: KIRK

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I guess this is Malkin's version of when Sid just flat couldn't score any more and people wondered if he was toast.

Sid eventually snapped out of it and went on an unholy tear. Here's hoping Malkin has that in him. He looks sooooooo bad now.
There's no zip on his shots. No flex/wind-up. It's like he's just trying to fill a shot quota the coaches asked him for.

Reactions: Pancakes and Trade

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
oh no we already decided...terrible turnover by a shitty player

As I said, I didn't look at that one and think 'what the **** are you doing'. He expected Kapanen to go there for close support like more established linemates do.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wow how’d Rust get that pass to Jake off the boards

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There are two Zucker-Malkin-Kapanen lines tonight.

The one that plays in front of Marino-Ceci and then the other one.

Then again, you can say the same of the other lines too. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Andy99 and Daeni10

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
CAN THEY STOP MOVING THE UPMC LOGO AROUND

By far the worst change this year. Those blue line banners are terrible

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
my bigger concern is that he doesn’t do anything creative with the puck or take it to net

The perplexing thing to me is he hasn't really relied on his skating the past few years, so I don't think this is a case of him being unable to carry the puck with authority any more. Because really he hasn't been able to do that for a few years now. But he has still found a way to be a brilliant offensive player even as his legs have gotten worse.

This year though it's like...ooof. This isn't a case of him being snakebitten. He deserves the point totals he has.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad