Post-Game Talk: 7:15 Est, Game 5 ECSF. CAPS vs Pens: Do or Die Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
The fact that the Pens are playing Crosby is ridiculous. Do they have zero care or concern for his long term health at all? I'm not afraid of him in the lineup, we have outplayed the pens overall when he is in - and been outplayed when he is out a lot surprisingly.

They are up 3-1 in the series though and they are going to rush him back from a concussion for... what reason, exactly? Terrible decision by them, I hope we hit him some more to make them regret it.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
The fact that the Pens are playing Crosby is ridiculous. Do they have zero care or concern for his long term health at all? I'm not afraid of him in the lineup, we have outplayed the pens overall when he is in.

They are up 3-1 in the series though and they are going to rush him back from a concussion for... what reason, exactly? Terrible decision by them, I hope we hit him some more to make them regret it.

Its their risk, hopefully they don't regret it

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The fact that the Pens are playing Crosby is ridiculous. Do they have zero care or concern for his long term health at all? I'm not afraid of him in the lineup, we have outplayed the pens overall when he is in - and been outplayed when he is out a lot surprisingly.

I've been roundly scolded, mocked, and essentially called a liar for expressing similar sentiments.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Choker-rosa.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Or, he wasn't really concussed at all.

It wouldn't be the first time he oversold getting hit.

A day off for precaution because they do not respect us. Their victories are system based anyways. They don't need any single player to do well.

Keep hitting. Its only game 5. But I fear we are going to roll over if we give up an early goal or 2, and give up. That will be tough to enjoy.

Ovi first off the ice today, I assume that is nothing new.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi

If Crosby is playing then all the drama around Crosby was much ado about nothing.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Or, he wasn't really concussed at all.

It wouldn't be the first time he oversold getting hit.

A day off for precaution because they do not respect us. Their victories are system based anyways. They don't need any single player to do well.

Keep hitting. Its only game 5. But I fear we are going to roll over if we give up an early goal or 2, and give up. That will be tough to enjoy.

This may be the case.
When he was skating off his eyes looked focused. He really was skating on his own.

Maybe he went down and the fear of a concussion is what kept him down. Sort of that mental processing. "am I okay?"

Fake news. Just don't let him be the red herring.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@ikhurshudyan: Shattenkirk: "With the history in this locker room, what's happened in the past, it can cause you to grip your stick a little bit tighter."

Golf clubs will be next soon enough.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
@ikhurshudyan: Shattenkirk: "With the history in this locker room, what's happened in the past, it can cause you to grip your stick a little bit tighter."

Chokers talking about choking.....just awesome.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

22 already distancing himself from this organization and blaming the curse/locker room prior to selling himself to the highest bidder.

DOOM>

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
22 already distancing himself from this organization and blaming the curse/locker room prior to selling himself to the highest bidder.

DOOM>

Barring some unbelievable surge of effort and talent I can't wait to see the backside of 22. What a waste, bigger disappointment than Erat because with Erat at least we didn't believe we were getting anything better than a scrub.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not sure why everyone is getting mad at Shattenkirk. He didn't ask to be put in this situation. He's got nothing to do with 40 years of failure here and he's exactly right, the weight of high expectations and previous failures clearly affects this team's play once the postseason begins.

I brought this point up in the Roster Building thread. How will these repeated failures impact our ability to retain and attract FAs moving forward?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Now for your daily Capitals buyers remorse.

If we didn't move to get Shattenbed we'd still have Sanford as an option for the 4th line.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Not sure why everyone is getting mad at Shattenkirk. He didn't ask to be put in this situation. He's got nothing to do with 40 years of failure here and he's exactly right, the weight of high expectations and previous failures clearly affects this team's play once the postseason begins. That's human nature.

I brought this point up in the Roster Building thread. How will these repeated failures impact our ability to retain and attract FAs moving forward?

Have you watched the playoffs?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure why everyone is getting mad at Shattenkirk. He didn't ask to be put in this situation. He's got nothing to do with 40 years of failure here and he's exactly right, the weight of high expectations and previous failures clearly affects this team's play once the postseason begins.

Zero impact. If you have money in today's cap world they will come. And mad....because he sucks ass. For the life of me I wondered why they didn't play him up....now it's clear.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Posters sometimes allege an Ovi or Nick don't care that Pitt's Heberg crushed our souls 20 years ago, or know of every other Pitt loss, but I think they know our playoff history.

Our history is littered with choking. They don't even need to know the details, just look up to the rafters and the 40 year choke label banner is there for all to see.

We gotta take these ********. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad