Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick: Pavel Zacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Schedule A bonuses. It cannot exceed $850,000 and cannot be more than $212,500 for each bonus.

These are the bonuses I saw from capgeek:
Player must be among top six forwards on the club (minimum 42 regular season games played by player and comparison group). An ELC may contain a provision for both aggregate and per-game ice time; however, the maximum a player may earn for ice time bonuses is $212,500.

20 goals

35 assists

60 points

.73ppg(min 42gp)

Top three plus/minus among the forwards of the team(min 42gp)

http://capgeek.org/nhl-salary-cap-faq-how-do-entry-level-contracts-work/
There are some more of the schedule a bonuses on that site, TG said Stefan wants all of them. I'd be pretty happy if he did hit those bonuses though lol.

So I guess the contract they want is 925k per year, 70k AHL salary, 92k signing bonus, with 850k in schedule a bonuses.

Here are the last 3 6th overall picks contracts.
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/anaheim-ducks/hampus-lindholm/
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/calgary-flames/sean-monahan/
http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jake-virtanen

So I don't see Stefan asking anything out of the norm in terms of schedule a bonuses.

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Now i Can see why Lou didn't want bonuses in the contract! Maybe I just like the old school model, I miss Lou and he's rules.

It is kind of funny that some people used to complain about Lou not giving rookies performance bonuses, and now it could be bonuses that are holding up getting Zacha signed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It is kind of funny that some people used to complain about Lou not giving rookies performance bonuses, and now it could be bonuses that are holding up getting Zacha signed.

Well it held up Larsson being signed for a couple weeks too although he and his agent did beat the $100,000 deadline that has already been passed with Zacha

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/f...cult-stumbling-block-to-get-deal-done-1.92306

But yeah sometimes it's better to be totally hard-line than deal in nuance

GhostofKenKlee

he still has what 12 days to sign him, interested to see how this plays out.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think it will get done by the deadline. Stefan may be an idiot, but even he has to understand that it's much better for Zacha to have a chance at playing in the NHL this season than not. It's hard to claim that you did a good job representing a player when you cost them a potential opportunity to play in the NHL by missing an important deadline.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I'll admit I didn't realize Zacha is already as built as he is (weight). That is definitely one thing he has going for him.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Yeah, if Zacha were to hit those bonuses, I would think our owners and GM should be more than happy to pay them out.

Maybe Shero is trying to keep a little bit of the Lou culture of not giving in so easily on those?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Yea its a wonder why schedule a bonuses are a problem. Because 6th overall picks get what zacha/Stefan are asking for. Don't see why Stefan is being construed as an idiot here too.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah, if Zacha were to hit those bonuses, I would think our owners and GM should be more than happy to pay them out.

Maybe Shero is trying to keep a little bit of the Lou culture of not giving in so easily on those?

I don't think it was about money for Lou - it's about not having the player focused on individual results. Tyler Dell.ow had a piece at his old site about the Oilers' young guns going nuts for some goals scored at the end of the season and he figured out that was because the players involved knew they hit their individual bonuses. It's great if the player could have the bonuses in his contract and not be aware of them, but that's unfortunately not how things are.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't think it was about money for Lou - it's about not having the player focused on individual results. Tyler Dell.ow had a piece at his old site about the Oilers' young guns going nuts for some goals scored at the end of the season and he figured out that was because the players involved knew they hit their individual bonuses. It's great if the player could have the bonuses in his contract and not be aware of them, but that's unfortunately not how things are.

That makes a bit of sense, but with thresholds of 20g and 60p, I can't really see this being an issue. We should be so happy if Zacha is even in striking distance of those in the next year or two.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Yeah there were some quotes from Lou around the Larsson signing about how he believes a player should be focused on the team's needs and not their individual performances. It goes along with all that "I need you to be a drummer" stuff Dano brought up in his Players' Tribune article.

And I wish I could find a video of that one Edmonton goal... it was either Hall or Eberle. I'll admit it's not something that particularly bothers me, but it certainly doesn't scream "team-first attitude."

Also:
Tyler Dell.ow
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Patrik Stefan will be with Ray shortly.

Just after he finishes his hole of golf on a 2 foot putt, which should be any day now!

I could have made that funnier if I had any sense of golfing terms or lingo.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015

Just after he finishes his hole of golf on a 2 foot putt, which should be any day now!

Patrik Stefany would probably fall over on his way to the green

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Especially, now that Larsson is signed long term since he didn't receive a bonus, Shero should include it now, when discussing a top 10 pick.

I understand Lou's way, which was about team, however, if every other top ten pick receives a bonus (If That's the Case) you will only create problems and possibly hard feelings with Zacha. What's a bonus come out to, maybe a couple of hundred thousand?

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland

How about a hole in one on a Par 4?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Especially, now that Larsson is signed long term since he didn't receive a bonus, Shero should include it now, when discussing a top 10 pick.

I understand Lou's way, which was about team, however, if every other top ten pick receives a bonus (If That's the Case) you will only create problems and possibly hard feelings with Zacha. What's a bonus come out to, maybe a couple of hundred thousand?

Stefan wants the max for bonuses $800,000 after the max of salary $925,000 for NHL or $70,0O0 in the AHL. I can see why Shero is holding back.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
it's not one800k bonus. It's multiple 200k+ bonuses that add up to 850k and the recent 6th overall picks have got it so why shouldn't zacha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad