Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
9138513112020052443.png

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I mentioned this before in a couple of other threads: I've watched him quite a bit this season, and I gotta tell you: I think he is the real deal. In my opinion he is going to be the franchise defenseman for years to come.

He will be an influence right from the get go next season, but he will of course need an adjustment period to fine tune his game to the upper echelon, aka NHL. When this happens -- and I think it will within 1½ seasons -- he will step up as the top defenseman in DRW.

He is absolutely amazing physically. Strong skating, strong legs, strong upper body. Not funny to run into. He sometimes throws bodys left and right. Of course this will be harder to do in NHL, but I think he will be every bit as strong as Kronwall with his physical presence. He wont hit in the same way as Kronwall, but it will be as effective.

On top of that his game with and without the puck is really, really sound. He never seems out of position defensively and he can deliver a lot of passes as well. He is not Nicklas Lidström or Paul Coffey or anything like that with the puck, but he is more than decent. Not taking the highest risks. Just a sound, allround game.

I actually also think Jonatan Berggren might be a nice little surprise next year. Everyone seems to expect a lot from Lucas Raymond, but at this point Berggren has a more alrounded game in my opinion. Raymond is flashy, but might need more time to lift that to the NHL level.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I mentioned this before in a couple of other threads: I've watched him quite a bit this season, and I gotta tell you: I think he is the real deal. In my opinion he is going to be the franchise defenseman for years to come.

He will be an influence right from the get go next season, but he will of course need an adjustment period to fine tune his game to the upper echelon, aka NHL. When this happens -- and I think it will within 1½ seasons -- he will step up as the top defenseman in DRW.

He is absolutely amazing physically. Strong skating, strong legs, strong upper body. Not funny to run into. He sometimes throws bodys left and right. Of course this will be harder to do in NHL, but I think he will be every bit as strong as Kronwall with his physical presence. He wont hit in the same way as Kronwall, but it will be as effective.

On top of that his game with and without the puck is really, really sound. He never seems out of position defensively and he can deliver a lot of passes as well. He is not Nicklas Lidström or Paul Coffey or anything like that with the puck, but he is more than decent. Not taking the highest risks. Just a sound, allround game.

I actually also think Jonatan Berggren might be a nice little surprise next year. Everyone seems to expect a lot from Lucas Raymond, but at this point Berggren has a more alrounded game in my opinion. Raymond is flashy, but might need more time to lift that to the NHL level.

I like your post but I'd like for you to explain the bolded. I feel like it's the complete opposite. Raymond has learned how to play a pro and responsible rounded game (one of the extremely few mistake-free prospect) and hasn't been flashing his talent and creativity as much as I would have liked (could be a result of the Frolunda program). He has an uber amount of talent and creativity, I think he will work on making it work again when he comes to NA. He has worked on the other "responsible" side of his game since he joined the SHL team.

I think Berggren has been much flashier and given the confidence from his coach to experiment offensively and push offensive results. I don't think he's necessarily "irresponsible" but I don't find as much refinement in his overall pro game, in my opinion obviously. I think he's gonna refine his game in NA but offensively he should be productive almost right away, he's such a talented player with a great motor to go along with it.

I agree with you about Seider, he's just so so good. I don't even know what's his potential at this point. He has shown elite offensive and defensive potential as far as I'm concerned. He has switched from his offensive leaning tendencies in junior to learning the pro shutdown game in the DEL, and now he's back into flexing both his offensive AND defensive talent. I always believed his offensive potential to be higher than most people wanted to give him credit for.

Cheers :)

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

Interesting take on Raymond/bergerren, I couldn’t feel any more opposite than that.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I know this comparison may irk a lot of people due to Derian’s time here, but he reminds me a ton of a modern day (I.e. much better skating and offensively gifted) Hatcher brother.

Just a punishing power defenseman with good positioning and two way game. Even for his size, he looks abnormally strong for someone his age. Wonder if he has that actn3 gene.

Either way, I think he has serious potential to be a top 10 d man in the league and, in my admittedly biased opinion) would go ahead of Kakko, Turcotte, and Byram in a redraft probably (though Zegras would probably leap him)

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Something a bit fancier today

I've been screaming it since he played in Grand Rapids, but it's that hand-eye coordination that will make him so good on the offensive blueline. The kid is going to be phenomenal at helping us keep a cycle going at even strength and on the powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00