Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Apples to Apples, Dust to Dust
Looking forward to seeing this guy put opposing forwards into the ice for years to come.

3110002a-8adb-4afd-926b-081fd92f8888-seider1.jpg

SE1_7195.jpg

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
If only I could know who the mods were... like if their username was a different color something like that...

:huh:... Wow I've never associated the different color with the Moderator privileges because I've always just looked for the Moderator text underneath the username. I just thought we could customize the color, haha.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If only I could know who the mods were... like if their username was a different color something like that...

I heard that one is a ninja and another is the CEO of a large multinational corporation. And another eats cookies and plays world of warcraft in his parent's basement.

Alrght, I don't really play world of warcraft.

I don't know if you have the authority.... I'm gonna have to ask one of the other mods to see if this is kosher. :sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This guy has me more hyped about the Wings future than anything else. He's exactly what we need on defense, and I say that even while being unsure if he's got it in him to be more than a 30-40 point producer at the NHL level.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So even if the AHL plays he isn't playing there if he doesn't make the Wings? Why is playing in the AHL worse than playing in the DEL?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
So even if the AHL plays he isn't playing there if he doesn't make the Wings? Why is playing in the AHL worse than playing in the DEL?

Because the states is a tire fire right now and covid could have long term impacts on the cardio of a guy we're hoping can crunch 25+ mins a game

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Because the states is a tire fire right now and covid could have long term impacts on the cardio of a guy we're hoping can crunch 25+ mins a game

That might be the case now, but December is a long way off yet!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That might be the case now, but December is a long way off yet!

Yeah but I think its probably part of the agreement. Mannehim gets him unless hes in Detroit. Makes it worth their while to take him early and start getting games in but still gives Detroit some control.

Reactions: Oddbob

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Yeah but I think its probably part of the agreement. Mannehim gets him unless hes in Detroit. Makes it worth their while to take him early and start getting games in but still gives Detroit some control.

There's not a lot of information in the article, but to me it sounds like they can recall him at ANY TIME. Like, the DEL is looking a lot more certain to be playing sooner than the AHL or (the red wings' version of) the NHL, so they sent him over there to get some playing time in with the understanding that they could get him back any time they wanted, AHL or NHL.

Is this clarified somewhere else?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
There's not a lot of information in the article, but to me it sounds like they can recall him at ANY TIME. Like, the DEL is looking a lot more certain to be playing sooner than the AHL or (the red wings' version of) the NHL, so they sent him over there to get some playing time in with the understanding that they could get him back any time they wanted, AHL or NHL.

Is this clarified somewhere else?

Yeah I think youre right, re-reading it. For some reason I doubt that they bring him back for the AHL though but I guess thats just speculation from me. He'll be in the NHL or DEL this year

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So Mannheim could have a very good team in the first part of the season. Seider+Stützle

Wasn't Stutzle playing whole year at Mannheim`?

Seider could be early loan for few months.

Buffalo has loaned Arttu Ruotsalainen to Ilves Tampere.
Anaheim has loaned Lukas Dostal to Ilves Tampere.
Arizona has loaned Mattias Maccelli to Ilves Tampere.

All played there at last season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
So Mannheim could have a very good team in the first part of the season. Seider+Stützle

I'd honestly like to see more of our prospects go over there. Mannheim has a good development group of former NHLers like Marco Sturm and veterans like Marcel Goc. It gets our top prospects playing pro hockey and puts them in a good program where we can monitor their development more easily than if they were spread out across several euro leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad