Speculation: 6points in 5games

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
We spent half the season climbing out of a hole because of that opening away trip and then got within one point of the playoffs only to stumble again. If we don't suck it up that first road trip with two games that should've been won we would've been in a better position to handle that january.

but january didn't help either.

edit: really the first 13 games are what did it, not the away trip. We won 3 games in our first 13.

The biggest issue imo was Peters skipping most of training camp for the World Cup.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
2 things that stand out to me. First, as good as the Metro is, the schedule is very division focused so there will be a lot of teams losing regardless. And second, I don't get the focus on 96 points. If you're getting 6 in 5 for 80 games, you've got two bonuses where at that rate you should end up at 98 or 99. And I don't see that being below the cutoff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Agree. What a load of crap that was. Are they going to ban this WC dumbness like they did the Olympics? Or maybe we can get another Captain have his knee destroyed for no reason.

Keep your pimp hand strong, Bettman.

The world cup is run by the NHL, and the NHL gets all of the money and marketing from it (split with the PA, of course), so it's pretty much the literal opposite of the Olympics from the NHL's point of view.

But I do think that it was a mistake for Peters to take the World Cup coaching job. Yeah, prestige and it's great to go when your country calls, but it did hurt the team in a very real way. That's not on the World Cup or the NHL, that's on Peters for accepting the gig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->