Value of: #6D To Calgary

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hagg seems like he's making the team. I don't think Hextall has any interest in trading him.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I say play Rasmus Anderson as the #6 D

So what if both he and Stone are Righties. Left / Right isn't something carved in stone.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If Andersson was a LD this wouldn't even be a discussion but Gully seems a bit anal with the LD/RD pairings.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Andrew MacDonald for a conditional 7th? If he doesn't suck we'll get a 6th?

Brandon Manning for a mid/late draft pick?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You have a guy in Rasmus Andersson that should be more than capable. If not Brett Kulak.

We do, and he is.
Andersson has outplayed Kulak, Wotherspoon and Bartkowski with ease. He deserves the spot but likely won't get it due to Glen Gulutzen's weird fascination for not having two players with the same handedness play together.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
3.5 for a #6?

Typical pairings are constructed with

1) A two-way defenseman who produces points, plays tight gaps, recovers pucks, and makes a great first pass (#1 / #3 / #5)
2) A steady, sizey defenseman who kills penalties and generally boxes out the front of the net (#2 / #4 / #6)

Stone is a big defensive defenseman who kills penalties and produces points. He's a #6 in terms of role, but he doesn't need a pure #5 to be successful because he's offensively capable. I value him as a ~3.25M player so 3.5 is an acceptable overpayment.

I guess he's a #5B or #5.5 defenseman rather than a #6 if you really want to analyze his role. He'll anchor the bottom pair but his partner needs to be a puck mover. He can't play with a guy like Clayton Stoner or Matt Bartkowski. But he isn't himself a guy like Clayton Stoner or Matt Bartkowski.

In many ways that's similar to Shea Weber, who's neither a true #1 nor a #2.

Last edited:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Typical pairings are constructed with

1) A two-way defenseman who produces points, plays tight gaps, recovers pucks, and makes a great first pass (#1 / #3 / #5)
2) A steady, sizey defenseman who kills penalties and generally boxes out the front of the net (#2 / #4 / #6)

Stone is a big defensive defenseman who kills penalties and produces points. He's a #6 in terms of role, but he doesn't need a pure #5 to be successful because he's offensively capable. I value him as a ~3.25M player so 3.5 is an acceptable overpayment.

I guess he's a #5B or #5.5 defenseman rather than a #6 if you really want to analyze his role. He'll anchor the bottom pair but his partner needs to be a puck mover. He can't play with a guy like Clayton Stoner or Matt Bartkowski. But he isn't himself a guy like Clayton Stoner or Matt Bartkowski.

In many ways that's similar to Shea Weber, who's neither a true #1 nor a #2.

Well, you had me until the very end :shakehead

Edit: Nvm may have misinterpreted the last line after all that. The logic is a bit flawed though because I don't think the #1 absolutely has to be the puck mover, Burns was second fiddle to Vlasic for a while for example

Stone is really nice as a #5, to the point that I think he can hold up a below average #6

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
I mean, Montreal has a slew of them, but what are you offering? You might be better off keeping your picks, prospects, or depth players and filling the role from within.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad