GDT: #69 - Stars vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At least Girgs is sitting...

On a side note, Fedun is basically guaranteed to score.

Sabres 7-2

Sobotka hattie (one goal with each line he plays on)
Tage x2
Poms
Okposo

Spezza
Fedun

Reinhart match penalty for using his eyesocket to headbutt Benn's elbow.

Fedun is scratched tonight. He had a rough game against the Hawks so Oleksiak is coming in for him

Reactions: Samsonite23

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Oh NOW is the time take a stand? Not the Yandle game, or the Benn game, or the other times Im forgetting

Im in a bad mood today lol

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Oh NOW is the time take a stand? Not the Yandle game, or the Benn game, or the other times Im forgetting

Im in a bad mood today lol

What did he exactly expect Nelson to do and how effective does he think it would've been? Why doesn't Bogo square up with Zadorov at any point during the game? Why didn't Scandella drop the gloves with Zadorov (since out of everybody on the ice, he has a history of doing so).

Nobody plays for each other, because there's isn't a damn coach that holds them all accountable as one.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
What did he exactly expect Nelson to do and how effective does he think it would've been? Why doesn't Bogo square up with Zadorov at any point during the game? Why didn't Scandella drop the gloves with Zadorov (since out of everybody on the ice, he has a history of doing so).

Nobody plays for each other, because there's isn't a damn coach that holds them all accountable as one.
It was Nelson's what, 4th NHL game since coming back from injury? Who the f*** is dumb enough to fight in that situation? I guess most of our defensemen are but still.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It was Nelson's what, 4th NHL game since coming back from injury? Who the **** is dumb enough to fight in that situation? I guess most of our defensemen are but still.

It's so weirdly mirroring of the Lucic situation. Only back then it was Myers that was heavily criticized.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So Nelson is sitting two games because his play has slipped, eh

What was his response to the Eichel hit?

Nelson has been good lately. I don't get why you would scratch him...but House gonna House

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I'm so tired of Lucic/Miller being brought up after every rough game.
The response for the Zadorov hit was whatever, but it's stupid if every hit has to turn into a scrum. The meaningless bullshit Sabres get into routinely, after the whistle, is beyond annoying. Is that the "character" Harrington and co. want?

Housley has his favorites and Nelson isn't one of them. If his shoulder was tweaked in practice they'd say so, I haven't noticed him being worse, but sitting him is dumb

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Reinhart was all fired up after the Zadorov hit on Eichel.

Why isn't he getting elevated to 1C for his passion?
Coach at a loss with what to do when a player's love of the game actually rises.

Reactions: Snippit

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I find the Lucic comparison laughable, mostly because of how the 'impact' of that influenced several terrible management decisions that didn't make the team better at all.

It's also highly amusing with some of this coming from Phil Housley. A known tough guy during his playing days if there ever was one.

Last edited:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Man, just a few months ago I was in Hawaii on my honemoon, watching the Sabres put up 9 goals against Ottawa from my phone in a beautiful resort pool, while sipping on some alcoholic beverages at 1pm local time...

If there was the option to trap yourself into 1 repeating groundhog-like day, I think that’d be it.

Anyway, 6-1 Stars.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
It was Nelson's what, 4th NHL game since coming back from injury? Who the **** is dumb enough to fight in that situation? I guess most of our defensemen are but still.

Punch drunk Okposo probably would've fought him too. I hope he's not aiming to get concussed by Benn today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad