GDT: #69 - Stars vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Watching the Sabres play w/o Eichel is like watching the Bronco's a couple of years ago w/o Manning.

Not worth the time or energy.

So why do it? It's a long, long off season ......
But but he floats, he doesn’t score every shift, he mopes and he insults bald white guys

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I wish ERod's skill level was equal to his hockey IQ and effort. He's be seriously elite.
I think he just needs a finisher on his line or some to give him more room. Don’t think Sheary, okposo or even Nylander give him that. Oh well, maybe one day.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Thanks for saying that clearly.
Don't mind me, I'm just frustrated with the quality of play and the media around it as much as anyone here.

Sure thing. It’s a fine line between being condescending and explaining certain realities that are tough to see on tv.

Tho in general, most scrums are generally meaningless.

But real teams definitely respond more fully than these Sabres do, to much more minor plays.

In all honesty if that Zadorov hit happens to Crosby or Malkin, penguin Scandella goes apeshit on Zadorov regardless of the consequences of he is scratched and shunned by the guys until he proves himself.

Heck rookie Drew Stanford had the guts to go after Chris Fricking Neil. Not because he had a chance, but because everyone on a good team knows they need to trust each other out there.

If I’m Jack, I see the replay and I’m thinking good on my boy Reino and skins. Botts, why is Scandella here if not to throw hands when the franchise gets mugged for the umpteenth time this season.

Reactions: Tatre

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I’m not so sure. Richester doesn’t have to carry Sobotka, Pomer, Larry, Girgs, Tage, Hunwick or Scandella. I suspect Amerks speed work cause them problems.

It would be an absolute destruction.

I’m assuming whoever agreed with you was just kidding.

But for real, the Amerks would get humiliated.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Dahlin has been largely excellent. But he's been directly responsible for three two-on-ones against since like 4 minutes left in the 2nd period.

Reactions: Ralonzo

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don't get the chance to watch any Sabres practices.

Do the guys actually score in practice?

Or are they practicing how to award shut outs to their goalies?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad