Post-Game Talk: #69| Penguins 0 at FLYERS 4 | Wed. March 15, 2017

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
hockeyfreak is saying "fans" who ignore everything good a Flyers player does and hope for him to fail and hide when he does well, are the same as fans who recognize that Couturier is a more valuable player than Schenn even though he scores less points.

Which is utter bull ****.

I was hard on Mason when was poor for most of this season. Lately he's gotten back on track and last night he prevented a potentially disastrous SHG, so I praised him for it. Do you see any of the people who trashed Couturier doing that for him? Of course not.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
hockeyfreak is saying "fans" who ignore everything good a Flyers player does and hope for him to fail and hide when he does well, are the same as fans who recognize that Couturier is a more valuable player than Schenn even though he scores less points.

10/10 strawman

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm thrilled about the game Rebel... on my way back right now. I'm also aware of the points. Doesn't mean he doesn't merit any criticism at all. His awareness and decision making on the defensive end recently have been very questionable.

I guess my point is, pick your battles..there will be plenty of losses to unload on players after. Enjoy the Win!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something about when people use the phrase "strawman" drives me ****ing crazy.

Just thinking out loud. Dont' mind me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I was hard on Mason when was poor for most of this season. Lately he's gotten back on track and last night he prevented a potentially disastrous SHG, so I praised him for it. Do you see any of the people who trashed Couturier doing that for him? Of course not.

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
You made a false equivalency cause you have no actual argument to make.

Sure, if you want to live in your own echo chamber where no one's allowed to object to the orthodoxy and dogma of the Couts fan club, have at it. Then I guess I have no argument. That's the point of dogma; it's unquestioned.

It's funny because my criticisms of Couturier are so damn mild anyway. I don't have that much problem with him or his play at all. My problem is with his insufferable fan club on here.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh my, oh my oh my.

Couturier played mostly well tonight. He had a horrid giveaway to Bonino that should have resulted in a goal (seriously, how did he not finish that one??) and some odd passes, notably on the 2 on 1 (Boucher: "He'd like to have that one back"... yep, Corsi opportunity missed!), but made some excellent defensive plays (the 4th goal in particular, meaningless though it was).

He was effective around the net, if not a little soft. Still too much perimeter BS and "shots" that are pointless deflections from an inch in front of the tender but whatever. That's Haircut's system, I suppose.

He was good. He needs to stay good.

Let's see how he does when the opponent shows up. Pittsburgh flat out took the night off. Zero intensity.

lol...here is a good example of a Couts hater giving Couts PROPS after a night of helping to shut down Sid and Malkin, scoring a goal, having 8 shots, and 2nd player of the game.

see the bolded.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
lol...here is a good example of a Couts hater giving Couts props after a night of helping to shut down Sid and Malkin, scoring a goal, having 8 shots, and 2nd player of the game.

see the bolded.

That is truly pathetic.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't forget "he had that good play but it was meaningless."

But sure, the people who fight back against that sort of irrational garbage in support of truth are the bad guys. Makes sense.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Couturier has an assist but zero shots - complain about lack of shots.

Couturier has a goal, an assist and eight shots - put shots in quotes.

If you want to talk about dogmatic and insufferable, you should start here.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The funny thing is, Couturier is 2nd on the team and 1st among regulars in Goals Per 60 minutes this season, while rocking a 55.5 Corsi, 3rd on the team and 2nd among regulars.

His Assists and his Goals For % are down this year though.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Couturier has an assist but zero shots - complain about lack of shots.

Couturier has a goal, an assist and eight shots - put shots in quotes.

If you want to talk about dogmatic and insufferable, you should start here.

I for one have had some issues and Sean. But since the trade he has been rock solid and the player I was hoping for when we drafted him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Provorov had a few bad turnovers last night but he's too new and shiny for someone to unfairly trash him for it, especially when overall he played very well. Give it a few years though, and especially if he doesn't stay on PP1 and break 40 points, there will be people who act like every mistake he makes supports their narrative that's he's not the top pairing defenseman they were promised.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I for one have had some issues and Sean. But since the trade he has been rock solid and the player I was hoping for when we drafted him.

There's nothing wrong with having issues with him. It's the people with absolutely illogical, fabricated, made-up issues that are the problem.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Provorov had a few bad turnovers last night but he's too new and shiny for someone to unfairly trash him for it, especially when overall he played very well. Give it a few years though, and especially if he doesn't stay on PP1 and break 40 points, there will be people who act like every mistake he makes supports their narrative that's he's not the top pairing defenseman they were promised.

This happened when Carter failed to score 40 goals annually.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Sure, if you want to live in your own echo chamber where no one's allowed to object to the orthodoxy and dogma of the Couts fan club, have at it. Then I guess I have no argument. That's the point of dogma; it's unquestioned.

It's funny because my criticisms of Couturier are so damn mild anyway. I don't have that much problem with him or his play at all. My problem is with his insufferable fan club on here.

Let it go man. This forum is exclusively for tire pumping. Apparently to some people it is the crown jewel of the NHL when in reality they are at the bottom of the league.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let it go man. This forum is exclusively for tire pumping. Apparently to some people it is the crown jewel of the NHL when in reality they are at the bottom of the league.

We missed you last night in the GDT. Maybe they will play like **** tonight so you can come join in.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

We're tied for 20th.

Do Jets fans think they are the crown jewel of the league because they appreciate the great rookie season Laine is having while they are in 24th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad