Post-Game Talk: #69 | Hurricanes at Flyers | March 18, 2023

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
What specifically has Lappy done to help him?
Absolutely nothing….nada…every one learns on their own. The one game I did watch this season they were so disorganized I was in disbelief. They have the same problems as the Flyers, poor PK and poor PP.

I realize this is obvious even to the dullest of minds like me. I think Boxcar would have too………

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Water under the bridge, Chuck is gone, the three amigos are on their way out.
Hopefully, they'll get some new blood in the scouting department.

You can turn on a dime, Rangers traded four 1st rd picks trying to be competitive, a couple years later picked up 3? 1st rd picks rebuilding.

I expect the Flyers to pick up at least a half dozen 1st and 2nd rd picks the next two seasons.
Agreed. but the frustrating thing is this draft could have propelled them further along, similar to the Rangers getting a Norris caliber D-man for a 3rd or the Devils picking #1 twice within 3 years. Only 5 people thought the Flyers would amount to anything this year.

Absolutely nothing….nada…every one learns on their own. The one game I did watch this season they were so disorganized I was in disbelief. They have the same problems as the Flyers, poor PK and poor PP.

I realize this is obvious even to the dullest of minds like me. I think Boxcar would have too………
I've had the opportunity to watch 5 or 6 games this year. The Phantoms are a shit-show. Totally disorganized......

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
You're right that it's not a single person. It's actually everyone on this board. That's what I've heard through the grapevine at least.

Missed the last two periods, but caught the highlights after reading a bit here about the epic loss. Sucks about the loser point, but losers know how to be losers, no,? Can't lose them all in regulation

My one comment on the game. You know how you watch a breakaway replay in a hockey game and the pbp guy points out that the guy on the breakaway recognized that the guy playing D on him is a forward? Often happens in shorthanded breakaways. I always thought that had to be at least somewhat bullshit, just because of how fast this sport moves. Like, maybe, if you're that good, and at that level, you can recognize that and also react accordingly in a split second. But still. Still stretches believability for me. After watching the replay of OT and the way Aho went right at Tony D, I'm a believer
Re: IDing you’re against a F, it’s actually easy. If you’re a winger, you know who the point man you’re covering is. So if you find yourself 1 on 1 with an opponent, you know immediately if it’s the D or a F covering.

Last night, Aho knew he could beat KKK because he did so when he was a Ranger and at practice as a Cane.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I wish one of our spineless reporters would call Torts' out on his competence . Like why would you put a guy who was 8 for 26 that game and really bad on faceoffs out with 10 seconds left in the game in our own end to take the draw . Guess what , we lost the draw again and what happened . Hayes should have been out to take the draw cause he actually win a draw but Tort's loves Cates and hates Hayes and it's all about Tort's not trying to win . He should have been roasted for that dumb ass move .

Brooks in NY used to call out Tort's and he would lose his shit . We have nobody with a backbone .

As for as Lemieux goes , He turns the puck over near their blue line then turns and takes a penalty and goes to the bench right away , only for Allison to jump on the ice get about two strides in before they score . Lemieux not only does not get the minus for his turnover he also does not get the penalty cause they scored . He also saucers a back hand pass across the ice at our blue line only to have it picked off but they did not score .

Guys like deadly and reporters only see goal and assist and plus two for the game and think he has had a tremendous game . People who actually watch and have a clue can see beyond the stats .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad