GDT: #69 ⋅ MIN @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
This time McTavish is healthy, we promise!

giphy.gif
"You'll play hurt and like it, p***y." - Verbeek, probably

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Guys play hurt in hockey all the time. After game 5, everyone who's playing is playing hurt. If it's major or if playing on it can do long-term damage, then he should sit. If it's not major, there's nothing wrong with playing through it.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I'm not really seeing the benefit of playing hurt right now. The season's not on the line. It's not like we're trying to win the division. We're just playing out the string, so why risk further injury when the games are as meaningless as training camp games?

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm not really seeing the benefit of playing hurt right now. The season's not on the line. It's not like we're trying to win the division. We're just playing out the string, so why risk further injury when the games are as meaningless as training camp games?
I think game experience is still worthwhile for the young guys. If you're talking about Radko Gudas or Ryan Strome, then there's no benefit. If we're talking about anyone younger than 23? There's absolutely some value. It's just a matter of figuring out whether that value outweighs any risk of making it worse and affecting summer workouts or possibly next season.

But you can't just bubble wrap these guys and expect them to emerge, fully-formed, as good hockey players in two or three years. Every game matters.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

Sometimes its learning to play through the injury. They have a full off-season to heal up and recoup. They are paid to play, not to be 100%. Sounds callous but its part of sports.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol just made my arrangements to go to my first game at Honda Center in quite a while. April 5th against Seattle. Then I'll be at the season closer in Vegas. I picked a bad time to commit to watching this team play live.

• Haha
Reactions: Rybread86

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol just made my arrangements to go to my first game at Honda Center in quite a while. April 5th against Seattle. Then I'll be at the season closer in Vegas. I picked a bad time to commit to watching this team play live.

That Vegas game could see Gauthier. So maybe not.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
You'd have to think that's taken into consideration. Not everything that keeps a guy out a game or two are things that you can make worse. They seem to be slow rolling Zegs, so that tells you something right there.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
You'd have to think that's taken into consideration. Not everything that keeps a guy out a game or two are things that you can make worse. They seem to be slow rolling Zegs, so that tells you something right there.

Zegras is coming back from a broken ankle, which is much more severe than whats going on with McTavish. There is no evidence that they are slow rolling Zegras, only that its taking a while for him to be healthy enough to play. Hes been out for a while so there is conditioning to consider on top of game speed/physical play vs practicing.

There are injuries that are easy to reinjure or make worse by playing too early, and then there are ones that you just need to push through.

They arent going to medically clear a guy to play if there is a high likelihood of re-injury or making that injury worse.

(I read your comment 2 different ways, so not jumping on you... I might be arguing your same point)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
If we had a decent offense our blue line would be able to use its skating and skill advantage. Instead I expect us to get bend over with how soft it looks.

Also, what’s up with spending a pick on Meyers if you don’t plan on playing the pending UFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad