GDT: #68 - Sabres vs. Avalanche at 3 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Buffalo was 1st in the league Nov 27, and are tied with Ottawa with fewest wins in NHL since then with 13 - per Colorado broadcast.

Reactions: Fearnot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I want the team to be more physical but okposo is the last person that needs to get into a fight

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Nelson has looked good outside of that pass early which should have been a too many men on the ice call.

There’s still waaayyy to much space between the defense and the forwards when they break out. The successful teams use low support keep possession. Why can’t the Sabres?

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Nelson has looked good outside of that pass early which should have been a too many men on the ice call.

There’s still waaayyy to much space between the defense and the forwards when they break out. The successful teams use low support keep possession. Why can’t the Sabres?
You sure that wasn’t Scandella who made that. Still though, he’s been better than most the last few games.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Not sure I need to watch the rest of this game. Every - and I mean every - game where the opponent took a cheap run at Eichel, the team has laid down and died.

In a related note I think the Avs intermission will consist of them running it on loop with a laugh track, and high-fiving each other.

Reactions: sabremike

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
We sucked that period. I know the score is 0-0, but we sucked hard.

I enjoyed it. The majority of the play was right in front of me!!

Hutton played well.

Dahlin too

Bourque had the best oppprtunity but he sucks. And was muted by the Sabre last D.

Not that bad given that the weight of play was in the Sabres end.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
If they aren't doing what they're supposed to, you'd hope birthday boy would remind them. Or they are doing what they're told, which is worse.

Whatever, just don't break anything

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Just checked and Nelson has the best CF% on the team besides Montour and Wilson. So it's not just the eye test.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Our D suffers by generally being unable to cleanly capture and send the puck. That efs up the forwards positioning.

F1 needs to support the D trying to pick up the puck. Hard to do because we are always reversing the puck in the zone. Leaves F1 behind on the play.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It does feel like he draws weaker assignments but he’s looked solid.

Probably, but he should fit in fine as a 3rd pair RHD. I think Risto is expendable with Nelson, Montour, and Bogo on the right for next year.

Dahlin-Bogo
XXX-Montour
Pilut-Nelson (soft minutes)

Sign a vet LHD that can play in their own end to pair with Montour, move Risto for a forward

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Our D suffers by generally being unable to cleanly capture and send the puck. That efs up the forwards positioning.

F1 needs to support the D trying to pick up the puck. Hard to do because we are always reversing the puck in the zone. Leaves F1 behind on the play.

Agreed but the scheme should take this systemic problem into account.

Incidentally I think this is what McCabe has been better at this year: retreval and quick outlets. But overall there’s low cohesion between the units and I believe some of that is a feature of the coaching.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Probably, but he should fit in fine as a 3rd pair RHD. I think Risto is expendable with Nelson, Montour, and Bogo on the right for next year.

Dahlin-Bogo
XXX-Montour
Pilut-Nelson (soft minutes)

Sign a vet LHD that can play in their own end to pair with Montour, move Risto for a forward

That’s risky but I can understand the thought process.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Agreed but the scheme should take this systemic problem into account.

Incidentally I think this is what McCabe has been better at this year: retreval and quick outlets. But overall there’s low cohesion between the units and I believe some of that is a feature of the coaching.
Totally agree.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Colorado will accept the physical play as long as it takes Buffalo’s already limited ability to create out of the game.

4 shots 9 shot attempts. Colorado has 12 shots. If Buffalo wants to play the game of running around to send a message Colorado will gladly let them while they leave the ice with a win.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Colorado will accept the physical play as long as it takes Buffalo’s already limited ability to create out of the game.

4 shots 9 shot attempts. Colorado has 12 shots. If Buffalo wants to play the game of running around to send a message Colorado will gladly let them while they leave the ice with a win.

Tbh I'd be happy to see them show a pulse and do that rather than whatever it is they try to do most games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad