Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Winnipeg
Vegas
Columbus
@ Carolina
Washington
@ Detroit

The next 6. What games do you feel good about? @ Detroit?! Another 10 game winless streak?!? The only good thing is home for four, college guy might steal a point or two at home somehow. God help us.
Flyers have a slightly worse record at home than away. In fact they are the only team in playoff position with a losing home record.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That was one of Filppula's best games of the year but he shouldn't have even gotten a chance to redeem himself after Wednesday's game. How comfortable must that guy feel? Meanwhile he'll jerk a talented young kid around at the first sign of trouble.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That was one of Filppula's best games of the year but he shouldn't have even gotten a chance to redeem himself after Wednesday's game. How comfortable must that guy feel? Meanwhile he'll jerk a talented young kid around at the first sign of trouble.
27 points in the last 33 games... 12:45 last night...

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick isn't ready for 20 minutes a night (which I won't be surprised to see next year).
Players tend to wear down as the season progresses and he never had the chance to build up strength and stamina in the offseason.
So you have to be careful and not overwork him, he's too valuable to get injured because the coach is desperate to win.
You can see he still lacks functional strength even though he has his legs back for the most part.

Reactions: hatcher

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Waiting for the Hak defenders. Wonder what Flip has done to get in Hak's good graces? And my god MacDonald is actually terrible...how is he not a healthy scratch for anyone at this point? He might be playing worse than Manning since the Lightning game...

Waive him and take the scissors away from the toddler,,,

Reactions: kelmitchell

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Patrick isn't ready for 20 minutes a night (which I won't be surprised to see next year).
Players tend to wear down as the season progresses and he never had the chance to build up strength and stamina in the offseason.
So you have to be careful and not overwork him, he's too valuable to get injured because the coach is desperate to win.
You can see he still lacks functional strength even though he has his legs back for the most part.

You get it doesn't have to be 12;45 or 20:00,,, it can actually be somewhere in the middle ...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Quote a post saying he should play 20 minutes.

Actually, here you go @Captain Dave Poulin
A perfect example ;)

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Winnipeg
Vegas
Columbus
@ Carolina
Washington
@ Detroit

The next 6. What games do you feel good about? @ Detroit?! Another 10 game winless streak?!? The only good thing is home for four, college guy might steal a point or two at home somehow. God help us.
This team is so streaky it's all about getting the first one. I can see them missing the playoffs or winning a round or two. Neither would surprise me.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

That you resort to strawman arguments as often as you do indicates you know on some level you're assertions cannot stand on their own.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You get it doesn't have to be 12;45 or 20:00,,, it can actually be somewhere in the middle ...

Last ten games: 14:24, 15:29, 16:36, 15:48, 17;11, 17:44, 22:32, 13:41, 13;41, 14:02
His PT has gradually increased since mid-January, with a boost with Simmonds out on PP1.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
My power just came back after being out for the last 48 hours, and lemme tell you, if there are any games that i'm glad i wasn't able to witness, it was these last 2 Flyers games. f***. This team is just painful.

I'm not at the point that some of you guys are ("Season is over", etc.) but these guys deserve to barely squeak in as the 2nd WC and proceed to get swept by Tampa.

Hexy is officially on my shitlist. I said a couple months ago that this was THE year not to just stand pat at the deadline, and this team is proving it. Necessary goalie depth and a useless 7th d-man aren't gonna cut it when literally every other team in this division noticably improved.

I would say something about the haktard but he isn't even worth wasting any emotions on anymore.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My power just came back after being out for the last 48 hours, and lemme tell you, if there are any games that i'm glad i wasn't able to witness, it was these last 2 Flyers games. ****. This team is just painful.

I'm not at the point that some of you guys are ("Season is over", etc.) but these guys deserve to barely squeak in as the 2nd WC and proceed to get swept by Tampa.

Hexy is officially on my ****list. I said a couple months ago that this was THE year not to just stand pat at the deadline, and this team is proving it. Necessary goalie depth and a useless 7th d-man aren't gonna cut it when literally every other team in this division noticably improved.

I would say something about the haktard but he isn't even worth wasting any emotions on anymore.

The teams play is proving exactly why this WAS the year to stand pat at the deadline...

Nothing he could have done would have fixed the current problems. He 100% did the right thing by doing nothing.

Deadline acquisitions aren't fixing 3 of the 6 D, a starting goalie, and the Filppula line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The teams play is proving exactly why this WAS the year to stand pat at the deadline...

Nothing he could have done would have fixed the current problems. He 100% did the right thing by doing nothing.

Deadline acquisitions aren't fixing 3 of the 6 D, a starting goalie, and the Filppula line.

Or the coach.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So, uh, did it come out that Konecny was hurt at the end of the game or did the moron seriously bench him for Matt ****ING Read?

Yes, i'm still livid. Thank you for noticing.
Even if he was hurt at the end of the game (which I don't believe he was) it doesn't excuse his ice time only being 12 minutes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Even if he was hurt at the end of the game (which I don't believe he was) it doesn't excuse his ice time only being 12 minutes.

Oh there's no excuse whatsoever for any of this bullshit.

I was just half hoping that there was at least some reason behind it other then Read is a "veteran presence."

It would have quelled my anger at least momentarily, but nope. I'm still here triggered sitting at my desk at work.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh there's no excuse whatsoever for any of this bull****.

I was just half hoping that there was at least some reason behind it other then Read is a "veteran presence."

It would have quelled my anger at least momentarily, but nope. I'm still here triggered sitting at my desk at work.
I’m with you on that man.

OF ALL PEOPLE TO BENCH ON THIS TEAM... he picks one of the few who actually help them win...

Meanwhile Filppula has been HORRIBLE and he gets an increase in icetime... same with MacDonald.

There really is no debate that Hakstol is a horrible coach. None.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad