Post-Game Talk: #68|Blue Jackets at FLYERS |Mon. March 13, 2017

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Well, after shutting down Malkin in the playoffs at 18, people were certainly talking about a potential future Selke winner.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Well, after shutting down Malkin in the playoffs at 18, people were certainly talking about a potential future Selke winner.

Very true. And I am still more than happy with everything he brings in that area today. People were expecting Selke level type of player, not sure why we are reading tons of stuff re: his point totals. Thats the Art Ross, as far as I know.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I mean... when you start delving into the stats he is almost certainly Selke calibre defensively already (a good argument for top 5 in the NHL defensively)... and was last year too.

Bergeron is the only guy who clearly outperforms him.

Though the only way he wins it ever is if Bergeron retires and he can get ~50+ points for a few years. I.E. basically play like he did last year over 82 games.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I mean... when you start delving into the stats he is almost certainly Selke calibre defensively already (a good argument for top 5 in the NHL defensively)... and was last year too.

Bergeron is the only guy who clearly outperforms him.

Though the only way he wins it ever is if Bergeron retires and he can get ~50+ points for a few years. I.E. basically play like he did last year over 82 games.
50 points won't be enough. There will always be players like Kopitar or Toews who might not be better defensively, but simply are much better offensively.
The Selke trophy might be for the best defensive forward in theory, but in reality they want the best two-way hockey.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
it is sad when a non hockey guy sees it and writes about it but when the hockey talking heads don't

It's because someone like Timmy P is actually brought onto shows while the other guy is not. Timmy is both up his own ass and up the "make everything positive" mantra of the management's ass. It sometimes takes someone that doesn't have his head so far up their ass to tell that something is wrong. I'm glad he wrote the article and he's right. Actually, it's probably the best description of the team, a team of have-nots. A team where people worked their ***** off just to get to the NHL but provide no extra gear to really make the team better or stronger and just the lack of being helpful. The fact that Raffl, PEB and Lyubimov only combine for 15 goals in 160+ games this season is quite awful. Manning has no other gear in the NHL and will be no better than he his now. There is no reason to keep him around especially when there are others that have and/or will easily surpass him in skill, helpfulness and overall positiveness for the team.

At this point your opinion carries as much value as a bucket without a bottom. Have you turned on Filppula yet?

If the Kings, your idols, wore Flyers jerseys for a game you'd suddenly hate them.

He'd replace this entire team starting with pick up Brown, Nolan and King. Who needs skill when you can be large?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
At this point your opinion carries as much value as a bucket without a bottom. Have you turned on Filppula yet?

If the Kings, your idols, wore Flyers jerseys for a game you'd suddenly hate them.
Just as much as yours pal. Filp is great but looks way different here than in Tampa. he should have went to MTL or TO instead of this flop house.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just as much as yours pal. Filp is great but looks way different here than in Tampa. he should have went to MTL or TO instead of this flop house.

And there it is :laugh:

Just like Konecny at the start. You get your shiny new object, and a few games later you hate them. You hate the skilled guys for not being bigger, and you hate the big guys for not being more skilled. But most of all, you hate the Flyers.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It's because someone like Timmy P is actually brought onto shows while the other guy is not. Timmy is both up his own ass and up the "make everything positive" mantra of the management's ass. It sometimes takes someone that doesn't have his head so far up their ass to tell that something is wrong. I'm glad he wrote the article and he's right. Actually, it's probably the best description of the team, a team of have-nots. A team where people worked their ***** off just to get to the NHL but provide no extra gear to really make the team better or stronger and just the lack of being helpful. The fact that Raffl, PEB and Lyubimov only combine for 15 goals in 160+ games this season is quite awful. Manning has no other gear in the NHL and will be no better than he his now. There is no reason to keep him around especially when there are others that have and/or will easily surpass him in skill, helpfulness and overall positiveness for the team.

He'd replace this entire team starting with pick up Brown, Nolan and King. Who needs skill when you can be large?
Love skill but not this skill except ghost,konecny,Provy,and the rest of the young crew. Need real power forwards that would stand up for them and there coming soon. King,brown,Nolan would bring way more than Weise,Read,Raffl LOL.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
And there it is :laugh:

Just like Konecny at the start. You get your shiny new object, and a few games later you hate them. You hate the skilled guys for not being bigger, and you hate the big guys for not being more skilled. But most of all, you hate the Flyers.
Like filp but playing here ruins players. Rotten flat core. This Flyers team is a disgrace to watch.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Seems fitting for whats going on here

rug39QK.gif

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Jordan Nolan is terrible.
Dustin Brown is an overpaid 4th liner who was so good he lost the C on his sweater.
Dwight King, meh.
so no they wouldnt bring much more to this team than what we have on the bottom 6.
except for cap space. sorry hatcher.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Jordan Nolan is terrible.
Dustin Brown is an overpaid 4th liner who was so good he lost the C on his sweater.
Dwight King, meh.
so no they wouldnt bring much more to this team than what we have on the bottom 6.
except for cap space. sorry hatcher.
We have our own in Mcfalls, Carsen T,Allison,And many others. Those three Kings have won and were big parts of it crushing the opponent into the ice. Flyers are sissys with no skill except afew young players.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Then how come almost all the criticisms thrown at him are the result of logically bankrupt usage of cherrypicked stats or entirely fabricated nonsense, combined with a legion of strawmen?

His 2016-17 point total is neither fabricated, cherrypicked, nor a reach of any kind. It sucks.

....Why did people ever expect Couturier to be a superstar? I never did. I've only ever expected him to be a 2C/3C similar to Jordan Staal, which is a vital piece for any contending team.

Virtually all of the Coots flock - perhaps not including yourself, I wouldn't recall - were aggressive and hostile in telling me he was at LEAST a 2C based on his performance last year, and even a 1C in a pinch. If I had more time I'd go back and find some posts. At least now we're talking about this player semi-sensibly, with some exceptions.

Are you honestly telling me you're not disappointed by him this year?

Last edited:

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
He hasnt spent as much time around that soul-sucking feather-haired dolt Hakstol as the rest of them. Same with Weal. Give it time.

:laugh:

Found myself legitimately envious of CBJ having this new, milder-mannered (but still animated) Tortorella behind the bench.

Hakstol looks like a mannequin at a Canadian department store.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
....I'm glad he wrote the article and he's right. Actually, it's probably the best description of the team, a team of have-nots. A team where people worked their ***** off just to get to the NHL but provide no extra gear to really make the team better or stronger and just the lack of being helpful. The fact that Raffl, PEB and Lyubimov only combine for 15 goals in 160+ games this season is quite awful. Manning has no other gear in the NHL and will be no better than he his now. There is no reason to keep him around especially when there are others that have and/or will easily surpass him in skill, helpfulness and overall positiveness for the team.

It should make a fan think for a bit. Manning accidentally knocks a puck into his own net. Is anyone surprised? He has effort but lacks skills. The same goes for two thirds to three fourths of the roster. How many snipers are on the team? Fast skaters? Guys with high hockey IQs? When Konecny popped in the second of his goals last night, it was a sweet shot. How many of his teammates could have made that shot? Darn few. How many have the speed, quicks, and vision to make that play? Again, few.
The same applies to Provorov. He stands out so much because he can play this game. He's the best defender on the team at nineteen. The rest of the defenders really pale in comparison because they don't have his ability.
In goal, forget about it. Neither of these guys is a top grade goalie. It's been so long since the Flyers have had a skilled goalie that they wouldn't know one if he bit them on the nose. They potentially had one in BOB but they kicked him to the curb.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Part of the reason were flopping and he doesn't play as hard as he used to. Thinks he's gretzky now and was my fav on the flyers but not now. Time for change.

The guy with 30 goals who can play defense and has become a good PKer and is the epitome of grit and hard work is trash to you now.

That's it, it's official. There isn't any player in the NHL that you would like wearing a Flyers jersey. It's now clear you don't like the team, you like complaining about them. Hence why you'll loudly shriek about how awful everyone is when they're losing a game, then if they come back and win you're silent from the moment they take the lead and while they hold it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad