Post-Game Talk: #68|Blue Jackets at FLYERS |Mon. March 13, 2017

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of the big name stars (in my opinion: Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Ghost, Provorov), the only one playing bad is Voracek. But none of them are moving anywhere so stop being dramatic, Deadhead.

Agreed. Jake is a mess. Everyone else is playing their game, just not getting normal results.

AK2015

Mar 14, 2017
how can filp look good playing with this ****. No chemistry with v who gives the puck away all game long. Another player brought in and doesn't look good with this group.
Hextall is just another moron Flyers GM, nothing new here.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Just look at the PK stats. Couturier and Simmonds are top 5 in the league at Corsi against on the PK. PEB and VdV are in the bottom third of the league. PEB's overall faceoff winning percentage is 48.4%, but he is only at 40.4% on PK faceoff winning percentage. Last season he was 47% overall and only 37.3% on the PK!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People who don't watch games or follow the team, but still come on here to cry and complain.

Whoever put the poster up in the AA meeting needs to take it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK2015

Mar 14, 2017
Glad you changed your post. you know who u r.

All friendly discussions here. :D

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Konecny took blame for defeat but at least others seem to pinpoint the failure of the powerplay. And in this instance, it shouldn't be disconcerting that refs let one potential advantage escape or be at a man-power disadvantage, opportunities were available elsewhere in the game.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelph...onecny-takes-blame-flyers-loss-because-stupid

"Yeah, that's kind of the only thing on my mind right now," Konecny said of the penalty. "I kind of let the game get to me and I was in the mix a lot tonight.
"And for whatever reason, I decided to bump the guy on my way back to the bench and they thought it was a penalty. It's a stupid penalty by me and honestly I put the game in my hands there, it's unacceptable."

"I think, maybe if we didn't have nine*or 10 power plays or whatever,*maybe that ref lets one go in the third," Brayden Schenn said.

"Stuff like that happens. Going to the bench or whatever, guys run into each other but that loss is not on him. I am sure he might feel that way, but it was on the power play."

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
It kills these weirdos whenever Couturier scores a point, so they have to find something else like shots or faceoffs to whine about. :laugh:

Considering Couturier only has points in 17 games out of the 52 he played this year; they didn't have too many times to look for other things to whine about....:laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
wtf are YOU talking about? You calling Filpulla 2nd line center? are you out of your f mind? We did not need his cap hit this year or next year. Filpulla did not score 20 goals in last two seasons. He is not what we needed because he makes no difference on our team. We need a scorer. He is not.
We do not need 2nd line center this year. we needed to unload our UFAs and drafted top 5. Something YOU currently routing for in other threads.

You haven;t watched Filppula.. you should not open your mouth, really.

:laugh:

So you only judge people by goals...got it. Flip fills a need for next year at C since we have no one from within to fill that role.

And we were NEVER finishing bottom 5. Go look around....I have said that we will likely be in the 11-13 range. Adding Flip does not change that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just look at the PK stats. Couturier and Simmonds are top 5 in the league at Corsi against on the PK. PEB and VdV are in the bottom third of the league. PEB's overall faceoff winning percentage is 48.4%, but he is only at 40.4% on PK faceoff winning percentage. Last season he was 47% overall and only 37.3% on the PK!

GArel (accounting for other players on the ice):

Simmonds -1.71
Manning -1.62
VdV -1.28
Gudas -1.04
Provorov -0.29
PEB 0.63
Couts 1.09
MacDonald 3.63

The object is to prevent goals, not prevent shots.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017

So you only judge people by goals...got it. Flip fills a need for next year at C since we have no one from within to fill that role.

And we were NEVER finishing bottom 5. Go look around....I have said that we will likely be in the 11-13 range. Adding Flip does not change that.

Did you get translator? Someone was worried..lol Someone said try reading my posts with Trumps voice.. It helps.. :)

Judging by goals? No. But we need goals and Filppula does not have any to offer.

As I've said previously, you do not watch Bolts so you should not really comment on how good Filppula is. This trade directly added 3pts in standings because super star Couturier had 2 points against Sabres plus and Filppula scored that tying goal against caps that resulted OT point..

I remember how you were all over my post for decimal point a while ago. So current point total minus 3 and you know, we will lose against Pens next game.. Still not convinced we could make top 5? lol

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

Actually it was very likely this team would have finished bottom 5 if it wasn't for that 10 game winning streak. If you split that 50-50, they would be sitting at around #5. I don't know how anyone can look at this season as less than a disaster.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Considering Couturier only has points in 17 games out of the 52 he played this year; they didn't have too many times to look for other things to whine about....:laugh:

Seriously.

"Weirdo"... I was annoyed at that, then realized it's actually the perfect slur for the (dwindling) Coots flock to throw at people who dare to share views that aren't so kind to their spreadsheet hero.

At any rate, he was neither the problem nor the solution vs. CBJ. One poster's mic drop about his being +4 over a cherry-picked range of games, and another's about his extremely impressive point, is the stuff we'll just have to keep dealing with.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hi friends :yo:

Sorry for the very delayed reaction to the game,
but I was having a seance with Generals Omar Bradley and George S. Patton.
They both wanted me to let you know that they heartily agree with the tank, and they would know about such things.
Also, Patton is a very big fan of Konecny. He said of his game last night:
"He went through them like **** through a goose!"
So all is not lost.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
It struck me with some sadness how out of place Konecny's exuberance after his second goal seemed on this year's team, or his feisty plays around the net/after the whistle.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It struck me with some sadness how out of place Konecny's exuberance after his second goal seemed on this year's team, or his feisty plays around the net/after the whistle.

He hasnt spent as much time around that soul-sucking feather-haired dolt Hakstol as the rest of them. Same with Weal. Give it time.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
What about Jordan Weal on the PK? Has much more speed than VdV and could put pressure on and get back in position with ease.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Someone is trying to argue on the Flyers FB page that VdV and Bellemare are fine on the PK and their numbers are worse only because they played more. Anyone have specific numbers on PK time for both sets of forwards?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Then how come almost all the criticisms thrown at him are the result of logically bankrupt usage of cherrypicked stats or entirely fabricated nonsense, combined with a legion of strawmen?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Then how come almost all the criticisms thrown at him are the result of logically bankrupt usage of cherrypicked stats or entirely fabricated nonsense, combined with a legion of strawmen?

More than those things, Beef, it's an underlying petulant inability to deal with disappointed expectations, and those disappointed expectations have metastasized into a rage bordering on, and sometimes bleeding into, outright hatred. It's uncommonly ridiculous and tedious to listen to. It makes it impossible to talk about him at all.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
More than those things, Beef, it's an underlying petulant inability to deal with disappointed expectations, and those disappointed expectations have metastasized into a rage bordering on, and sometimes bleeding into, outright hatred. It's uncommonly ridiculous and tedious to listen to. It makes it impossible to talk about him at all.

Bold is the key. After Couturier's rookie season, which included a 5 game goal scoring streak, he was everyone's favorite player. Some people cannot deal with him not turning into the superstar we all hoped he would be then.

We have also seen that with at least one poster with respect to Ghost this year. I am sure we will see it with either Konecny or Provorov next year as well, followed by Sanheim, Morin ....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
....Why did people ever expect Couturier to be a superstar? I never did. I've only ever expected him to be a 2C/3C similar to Jordan Staal, which is a vital piece for any contending team.

If people are disappointed he didn't become a superstar that's on them for jumping to absurd conclusions, and it's goofy to lay all this constant abuse on him for not fitting weird fantasy-standards. It's exceptionally similar to Jeff Carter, where despite being a very good player, tons of fans were pissed that he wasn't even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad