GDT: #67 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., Mar. 7, 2018, 8:00 pm ET | NBCSN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frickley

why am i watching this
Apr 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
If you scotch-taped some mutton to your face, he would lick your chops, the fat bastard.
Here in Pittsburgh people constantly complain about the potholes in the roads. Most blame it on heavy ice melt usage during winter. In reality, though, it's Phil making his way down from his sail barge to snag a chunk out of the pavement for a snack.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Marcus Hayes (I think?) on Philly Sports Talk said (multiple times) that Simmonds is the Flyers' best all around player.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
During the T'ronto-Buffalo intermission, NBC has a live look-in at the Penguins game, because of course they do.

I expect this thread to feature the requisite amount of hate. I don't expect any of you to match my blast furnace, because you can't, and trying to would kill you, but whatever hatred you can dump in here is good. It is only right and proper.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Amounts are all over the place...but sounds like heavy snow the hours leading up to puck drop. I guess we'll see.
Yea that’s what I’m seeing. Looks like for our area philly is in the center of it. I would think it gets rescheduled. Sucks as I was planning on making a big night of it.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
To me it's simple. Keeping the bottom 4 Dmen means we are always out matched with little to no upside. Adding Sanheim to the mix gives us the CHANCE that a hint of that upside is realized which will certainly help us in the long run.

19 games since Sanheim was demoted. 12 of those games we gave up 3 or more goals.

Our wins are because our top guys have been outscoring our defensive/goalie issues. It's why people were complaining even when winning because the issues are obvious. And one of those issue is not enough talent on defense.

With 16 games left and the playoffs looking very likely, adding more skill to our team would certainly help it. Imagine if it solidified a 2nd pairing and how that would help us.

But instead, we will keep the status quo, try and tread water until we drown.

yep, team lacks upside. it's blatantly obvious when you see Filppula weise Lehtera Hagg and Amac turtling infront of our net while Stamkos and Kucherov play catch wing to wing. You can't even be mad at them, what do we expect to happen here?

you just can't seriously contend with half a team. This team looked like a juggernaut in preseason with Vorobyov/Sanheim/Morin/Myers(briefly)/Aube Kubel in the mix. Dominant puck possession, creating all kinds of high danger chances.

now they rely on a handful of top guys to do literally everything, they will get exposed in the playoffs. sigh

Reactions: Flyerfan4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce