GDT: #67 - 3/5/20 | Rangers vs. Capitals | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Georgiev has had recent trouble with quick shots along the ice from unexpected locations. Expect Washington to fling pucks on net from everywhere especially the side boards, looking for a mistake and juicy rebound. Oh and some backhanders too. Wait- and wrap arounds!

Soooo....anything but a forehander from the slot lol

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hank in his prime gave up softy goals all the time.

What matter is if you "steal" more goals than the soft goals you let in, which both Henrik did and IMO Georgiev does.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Hank in his prime gave up softy goals all the time.

What matter is if you "steal" more goals than the soft goals you let in, which both Henrik did and IMO Georgiev does.
During Hanks hot streaks that generally took up about 40% of the season, softies were rare. When he was on but not searing hot he'd make amazing saves but also let in the occasional softie. When he was cold you'd question your memories of when he was hot and on because he looked like a different goalie, but his cold streaks seemed to comprise only about a month or so of the season.

I agree with your assessment on Georgiev. He let's in too many softies but still manages to keep the team in the game for the most part when it matters. Hank is cooked at this point.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He gives us a better chance to win on a nightly basis. Did you watch the Philly game with your eyes closed? Hank is done, and people just need to accept it at this point.

Did you watch the Philly game with Georgie in net with your eyes closed? Is Georgie done as well?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Did you watch the Philly game with Georgie in net with your eyes closed? Is Georgie done as well?
Ok man. Believe what you want. If you’re telling me that Georgie was even close to as bad as Hank was in his game, there’s no point in arguing, because you’re clearly blinded by Lundqvist’s past success.

Reactions: romba

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Ok man. Believe what you want. If you’re telling me that Georgie was even close to as bad as Hank was in his game, there’s no point in arguing, because you’re clearly blinded by Lundqvist’s past success.

Now see, they were eqaully as bad but your lack of objectivity cant see past that. The difference being that one of them have seen plenty of ice time and the other played like, what, 2 games the past 2 months?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
giphy.gif

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This is the first game of the season I'll actually go to. Got some nice cheapy tickets online just now. Maybe the coronavirus special prices from some hypochondriac.

Can't wait to finally see Panarin play in person :popcorn:

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad