GDT: #66| New York Islanders @ Calgary Flames | March 7th | F/L 4-3

MaryChristine*

Glad I stopped watching this pathetic excuse of an organization the rest of the season. I cant believe again they blew it in the 3rd. Cappy and Snow better be gone by next season or I may seriously consider watching next season. My friend/bowling team mate got so fed up he got rid of all his Islander stuff .

That'll really show them!

NOT!

:shakehead

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Agree we MUST have a proven NHL goalie. But our defense stinks. The reason we lose these leads aside from a goalie that can't make the big stop is that our defense group regularly gets outworked and outmuscled down low. We have no size and strength besides Hamonic, and he has lost his composure and focus, tends to be out of position or runs around.
We are in the middle of the pack as far as shots given up at 30.3 per game and we have given up the most goals in the league. Almost 20 more than the next worst team. So I think our #1 problem is goaltending not defense.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
BTW this is from NHL.com: "The Islanders had blown a two-goal lead in the third period 24 hours prior in a 3-2 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oilers. New York has allowed two-goal leads to get away 14 times this season, losing 12 of those games."

Unbelievable

Freaking crazy and sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad