GDT: #66 - 3/3/20 | Rangers vs. Blues | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I'd like to see a little ownership of why he was benched. Instead of saying "He's the coach so he felt that was the right thing to do..." He could've made it clear he agreed and that his penalties are unacceptable and inexcusable.

That's fine, I don't disagree. Might not have been the absolute best response but it's not like he complained about it or even said he really disagreed. Basically just deferred to the coach so as not to make an issue out of it in the media. Don't think its a huge deal.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
That's fine, I don't disagree. Might not have been the absolute best response but it's not like he complained about it or even said he really disagreed. Basically just deferred to the coach so as not to make an issue out of it in the media. Don't think its a huge deal.
The issue is he either doesn't see anything wrong with what he did or didn't learn anything from the benching. Which is not good for the guy that has taken the most offensive zone penalties in the league this season.

Reactions: Megustaelhockey

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The issue is he either doesn't see anything wrong with what he did or didn't learn anything from the benching. Which is not good for the guy that has taken the most offensive zone penalties in the league this season.
I think he internalized it and just isn't interested in owning up and dealing with it publicly.

Reactions: Fireonk

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
We have to come out and be ready to play from the opening face off . Our playoffs start tonight . How we do the next 3-4 games dictates the rest of the season....GO RANGERS !!!

I’m thinking similar thoughts. I felt before the Montreal game and the Flyer home and homes that we needed to win 4 of the 6 games vs Canadians, Flyers x2, Blues, Caps and Devils.

Well that was before Kreider got hurt as well and now that they got swept by Flyers, I lowered my hopes to where in order to realistically stay in the hunt , Rangers need to figure out a way to win 2 of next 3 at worst if not all 3 as unlikely as that would be.

And that’s not going to be easy beginning tonight versus what might be best all around team in the league from what I’ve seen of the Blues this year.

One positive tho is Rangers do have this way of raising their game vs the better teams in the league as we’ve beaten most of them at least once. So maybe we can pull off the upset tonight.

It might help if we don’t wait till the 3rd period for a change of pace to show up...just a thought...I know crazy of me to think this out loud...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Guys in Blue win tonight!
giphy.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'd like to see a little ownership of why he was benched. Instead of saying "He's the coach so he felt that was the right thing to do..." He could've made it clear he agreed and that his penalties are unacceptable and inexcusable.

Fair.

It would mean the most if he shows up and has a big time game tonight without penalties, though.

If Quinn has shown he's willing to bench an important player during a clutch stretch run, the players know they are not infallible.

Reactions: Fireonk

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Strome did sound butt hurt in those comments. I've been pro-Strome as the board knows, but he was garbage on Sunday. Like I said, pay him appropriately. Gorton knows how to use his shortcomings to suppress his contract after the year.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

Just not sure how anyone is making this assumption from the quotes in the article. Even if he personally didn't agree with the benching, and most professional athletes won't because they are ultra competitive, there is nothing there that says he thought he was playing some sort of fantastic game or isn't going to learn from it.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The ability to simplify their game has been their yearlong Achilles heel. I don't think this will change this season. Having Breadman is their worst own enemy sometimes, since he doesn't play simple. They all kind of get enchanted with that east-west style of play. Expecting to see this theme play out again tonight, as the Blues play D that will drive this team nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad