65th Overall - Jayden Grubbe

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not a bad player. Definitely overreacted because of his size. Definitely left way better players who haven’t blown their knee out on the board.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Seems to have no upside. Whatever I guess maybe he can become a decent bottom-6 forward

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean shit, why would they want to try to draft and develop bottom six players?

This is the problem with "the Rangers can never develop their own bottom six players". The problem is every drafted player is considered an NHL player so the guys with limited talent have bottom six potential and many of those guys turn out sucking. So it's much easier said than done.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Folks here went apeshit last night when Drury passed on centers. Looks to me Rangers’ approach this draft was BPA in the first round followed by organizational need.

True but I can say the exact same thing in reverse. People defended the pick last night as he was the BPA (Which was debatable) and now he doesn't go BPA and goes C. Its pretty clear he is just going for grit and doesn't care about position or BPA. That doesn't seem like a good recipe when these kids are years away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad